Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Ard rock 2015
  • fathomer

Spec Butcher Grid front (if it’s delivered in time) and Ground Control Grid rear. As above, it’s all I have 😀

noahhowes
    Free Member

Hmm, might look at grabbing a high roller 2 then. I’ve never had Specialized tyres.

No arsenal jaffejoffer, I’m new to this 650b lark and have only the HDs. The 26 arsenal was donated to someone more sensible that didn’t buy a new bike. I was thinking of adding a Rock Razor and Magic Mary though, maybe with supergravity sidewalls.

Are the snakeskin sidewalls that bad on rocks? I’ve run HDs on and off for 2 years and only torn one (which was 2 years old!).

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

WTB myself. i like the Trailboss tough/fast (r) with Vigilante tough/high grip (f) although ive currently got a Hutchinson Toro up front and i CBA swapping.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

noahhowes I too am a soft southerner running HDs, I ran them last year in the Ardrock and they were fine. I did not win mind, however I also didn’t rip a tyre. Your HDs will be fine.

(you may see me sitting at the side of the course this year crying because I have a hole in my tyre now I have typed this)

noahhowes
    Free Member

Ha. I’ll see you there, I’ll bring a flask of tea.

Thanks for the advice all. Might sneak a spare tyre into the van and decide when I get there. I’m not planning on winning either, more finishing, especially after what sounds like a good Sat night.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

so im guessing if your confident enough to race enduros your happy with red graded trails? so whats the script with the blue & red arrows?

beano68
    Free Member

Ride to the left of the red arrows and to the right of blue arrows

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Ah I see… Idiot

beano68
    Free Member

😆

darrenspink
    Free Member

New woods section sounds interesting. Wonder if thats to miss out the utter mess of the bottom of s1 last year.

benji
    Free Member

Rode sections 2,3 and 5 today, in the main very dry, 2 was lovely and technical, 3 was ok bit more open and flowing, and 5 was a grass track with a few stone walls to bounce over and a few kickers in the grass.

Plenty of grip from Specialized Ground Controls, ok they are in a 4.6 flavour but no problems, 9 psi was about right 🙂

seadog101

Very much jealous. I should have been there, but work schedule couldn’t be changed (bosses irrational choice… grrr) so I’m here on the ship anchored off the Canaries.

Hope you all have a good time in fine weather…
    . ya bastards…

samcamsdad

Well that was a great weekend! Stage 5 my fave, closely followed by 2.
    Some tough climbs, but worth it for the descents.
    Thought it was a really well run event, so thanks to the organisers and marshals for making it all happen.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Ard rock 2015’ is closed to new replies.