Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Ard rock 2015
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I can assure you I’m not getting days mixed up as I didn’t ride stage 5 in practice It’s not impossible that I’m getting years mixed up though Stage 5 last year was pretty much identical to stage 4 from the 2013 event.

Stage 4 in 2013 was windy as Bernard mannings under crackers, but dry.

nickc

I’ll be riding it blind as well. 😀

looking forward to it!

darrenspink
    Free Member

I think you have got your days mixed up as I was at marshal at the bottom of stage 5 and was blazing sunshine all day right up to when I closed the section when told last man had been through

The contrast between 4 and 5 was nuts. The marshall on s4 was freezing his ass off, s5 was beautiful when we got down there.

Garry_Lager

What sort of level are the descents on the sport course – anything testing to get down? I have an entry for the mountain challenge and was planning to do it on the anthem – I’m a bit rubbish with it down steep stuff, though. So I could bring the big bike and bimble around in comfort.

Simon

Has everyone had a look at their start times for the Enduro? I’m off at 10.05

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Garry, it’s not very steep. I did it on the bfe 2 years ago (never made it last year). Anthem would be fine.

woody2000

11.15 for me, should be nicely bedded in (completely cut up!) by then 🙂

Gives me chance to have a lie in!

fathomer

10am here, apparently that constitutes an early start 😀

Kahurangi

9:45 here, also an early start. They ignored the team name for our group of 3 so pukeko has been given an “early” start time of 11:45! Fortunately I’m going to at least get to ride with with my missus!

Garry_Lager

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

Garry, it’s not very steep. I did it on the bfe 2 years ago (never made it last year). Anthem would be fine. Thks nobeer, good to know.

samcamsdad

9.10 for me and two mates. First time for all of us at the ard Rock, so looking forward to it.
    As long as I keep my distance from the beer tent, 9.10 is a good start time for us!

beano68
    Free Member

10 for moi ! 😆

dlr

11:25 for me, I did ask for a middle time I think, doesn’t matter, means I can drink more on Saturday night and have a bigger breakfast 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Woohoo! 8:15 start time. Flippin heck, thats early! Will have to set the alarm clock.

On the flip side, I can get back in good time hopefully and cheer on woody and simon at the end 😉

Looking forward to it 😀

proutster
    Free Member

Yay! I’m off at 8:15 too – see you at the start 😆

trout
    Free Member

Bloody Nora that means an early set off for us marshals

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Will do! I’ll be on a raw’d Five with Bos Devilles…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bloody Nora that means an early set off for us marshals

Not half, I see Tally is out at 7.55!

10.55 for me, as long as it’s not wet, that suits me fine.

Edit – Bloody hell, just noticed that the 2 practice stages are 1 and 4, they were mileeesss away from each other 2 years ago, hopefully they’ve changed the numbers!

darrenspink
    Free Member

10.45 for me and the Yorkshire Ard Rockers 😆

Looking at the route again from last year 1 and 4 will be one big ass loop, unless they’ve secured some new pathways to shave off the KMs.

sl80
    Free Member

It’s only a 20km practice loop. To cut off the distance after stage one you won’t climb back up The Edge, you’ll take a new path along the stream to the end of stage 2. Then you’ll completely miss the stage 3 up and down and head to stage 4. After 4 is over you’ll take a new path back down into Langthwaite and come out by the Red Lion pub, then from there it’s about 5/6km back down the road to the campsite.

nickc

11.35 I think I’m in one of the last groups to set off.

dair86
    Free Member

Where do you get your start times I can’t see them…… Maybe it’s just been too long a day.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

on the SI entries page.

Your starting at 10.55 with Frodo, Howie, Miller and me!

beano68
    Free Member

You should have been sent an email reference timings and your number @dair86 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

10.35 for me

darrenspink
    Free Member

Cheers sl80.

dair86
    Free Member

Cheers guys email was in my junk folder.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Well im now expecting the 3 less tech stages to be pretty churned up on Sunday, after the Saturday ‘Sport’ event.

Looks like my wishes of running the Rock razor on the back could be thwarted.

Anyway, evening pub food table booked, new tent purchased, wondering if I have enough spare parts now…

How much support can a rider expect from sram and mavic there? I didn’t even think about it last year.

bigjim

Is it really 1000 riders? That’s twice last years number, going to be a lot of passing going on I think! Yeah might take a mud friendly tyre option.

colournoise

bigjim – Member
    Yeah might take a mud friendly tyre option.

Sorry, started a crossover thread before seeing this.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ard-rock-how-hard-on-tyres

darrenspink
    Free Member

Sorry, started a crossover thread before seeing this.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ard-rock-how-hard-on-tyres

Last year I ran snakeskin (not super gravity) HD’s front and rear on tubes and didn’t have any problems. I did it on a hardtail though so was picky about my lines. There was only a few sections that I needed that tread on really (muddy downwards sections) the rest would of been fine with a semi slick.

There are two stages (as far as I can recall) which are very rocky and suit a more downhill tyre with thicker sidewalls but nothing more than you would find in the dales or lake district.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Weather actually looks promising SHOCK!

Kahurangi

Weather actually looks promising SHOCK!

That’s us done for, I’m fitting my Magic Marys tonight.

fathomer

Yep, well done, you’ve now doomed us to biblical wind and rain 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Roll on friday. Heading down after work, we’ll be in a big yellow vivaro and a mahoosive big green gazebo, say hi!.

dlr

BBC says rain Sunday? Perhaps we will be fine out under the trees on the sheltered trails 😉

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2639510

noahhowes
    Free Member

Really looking forward to this! What’s the tyre of choice if it rains? I’m a soft southerner, we have clay and mud not rocks here. I usually run Hans Dampfs.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

what tyres do you have in your arsenal for ever changing conditions?

qtip

Doesn’t look like there’s going to be much rain. Met and AccuWeather forecasts seem a little more optimistic. I’ll be running a High Roller 2 front and Hans Dampf rear, because that’s all I have!

skydragon
    Free Member

I usually run Hans Dampfs.

Suggest something with sidewalls tougher than tissue paper 🙂

(Only joking, I’m sure they will be fine)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Ard rock 2015’ is closed to new replies.