Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Arcteryx Veilance !?!?
  • Joe

Has anyone on here ever actually purchased anything from the Veilance range?

I mean i’m a single, poncy, London, self-indulging, well employed, lover of outdoor gear, ****, who works outside lots, but needs to look quite smart at the same time. I should be the perfect customer for arcteryx; am I not who this micro brand is aimed at?

But the prices are EYE WATERING. Who in their right mind can really afford this stuff? And at the same time, who in their right mind would wear this stuff for wearing in any kind of tough environment?

devash
    Free Member

A fool is easily parted with his money.

And there’s a lot of rich fools around nowadays.

loddrik
    Free Member

Prefer the regular Arc’teryx stuff. Veilance is a bit slim fitting for me. They’re more aimed at the people who might buy a Moncler jacket. Good stuff though.

jam-bo

Got lots of arcteryx gear but never paid more than 50-60% rrp.

Joe

Yeh. Arcteryx and Veilance are very different in the pocket money department though.

nickc

holy crap, I thought Mission Workshop kit was expensive.

Murray

Very nice, goes with my Bugatti Veyron

CountZero

Try Jottnar, only got a Fenrir lightweight down jacket and an Uller yak-wool base layer, but I’m very impressed with those, and very well priced:
    https://www.jottnar.com/uk/mens/
    I’ve often looked at Arc’teryx stuff, but backed away from the display rails when I saw the prices.
    Especially after someone on here recommended Jottnar stuff a couple of years or so ago.
    Eeeeeek! 😯 How much! Most of that looks like it could have been bought from Muji or Uniqlo for a tiny fraction of the price, and some of those overcoats look like something Endeavour Morse would wear.
    I couldn’t ever justify paying that for clothes that look so… bland, there’s no style at all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Veilance is precision. Technical apparel that combines minimalist style with total performance. Veilance takes Arc’teryx pinnacle product innovation and tailors it to the city.

City tailoring doesn’t include overpriced pacamacs.

I’m sure David Byrne loves it, though.

onandon
    Free Member

The Veilance gear is a weird cut on me. I wanted one of the rain coats but they just didn’t fit.
    Arcteryx have a few city items which are pretty bloody good. The karda is probably my most used smart outdoor and the interstate is a damn fine smart waterproof.

See sportspursuit for killer deals

BFITH
    Free Member

£400 for a chuffin vest:

Nobody really wears this stuff….do they?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I love some of the Veilance range, not that stuff ^^^^^ though. I’ll never pay those prices though.

I have a couple of Arcteryx products, a base layer and a shirt, and jacket, very good.

I picked up a small Mission Workshop rucksack whilst in the Sates, the quality is off the charts!

footflaps

The only Arcteryx thing I paid RRP for was an Atom LT, everything else was half price from Sports Pursuit. Nicely made stuff, more attention to detail than most other outdoor brands.

As for Veilance, it all looks ghastly (to me) and as I don’t have to look smart for work (typing this sat in shorts and T-shirt in the office), it’s of no interest to me.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Looks like its been designed for the cast of Thunderbirds.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Style is a matter of taste, obviously, I tried on a Velance jacket, and I really wish I hadn’t ! Quality material and details and fit were fantastic, the price, unbelievable- it does have the advantage of making Rapha look affordable 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The Spring catalogue shots look interesting.

footflaps

Looks a lot like Space 1999 or is that Buck Rogers…

mikeyp

It’s designed for the Vancouver hipster. It is made in Canada too. As previously said some of it is out there style wise. I picked up a great Goretex jacket from the Vancouver factory store which is perfect to wear to work. RRP is crazy.

scruff
    Free Member

It’s not Buck Rogers.

footflaps

It’s not Buck Rogers.

He’s looking quite effeminate these days….

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

It seems to be a direct rip off from UFO…

Here’s hoping they don’t do a ‘skydiver’ theme for Autumn 17

ElShalimo

Peak Performance do an Urban range, less £s than Arcteryx but still pricey

AlexSimon

I think it’s good that companies do this.
    I don’t have to buy it, but if it’s well-liked it will trickle down eventually.

Joe

El Shalimo – perfect…exactly what I was looking for. Less space age than the veilance shit as well.

bodgy
    Free Member

TheDTs
    Free Member

Its all owned by Salomon / Addidas anyway isn’t it?

voodoo_chile

Arcteryx is constantly discounted because the rrp is not a true reflection on the quality and value of the garment
    It is a brand for people who don’t want one of the mainstream brands
    TBH I’ve worn and owned a few items and really not impressed with the kit

ElShalimo

@Joe – you’ll have to post some photos of you doing your best 70s sci-fi/catalog poses when it arrives

onandon
    Free Member

Voodoo. Sorry but I’m calling bullshit on that. It’s probably the least discounted we’ll/ semi well known outdoor brand.
    You may have been unluckily with what you purchased, but generally they are very very good and well made.

What do you consider better quality ?

I’m interested to know as it’s a major factor when I buy outdoor or any gear. If someone is doing it better I’m in.

Ps – not a fanboy, just disappointed with most other brands I’ve purchased.

footflaps

Seems to be endlessly half price on Sports Pursuit.

I’d say their kit is nicely made, but no better than other brands premium kit.

loddrik
    Free Member

The stuff on sport pursuit is it demo stuff and is only ever in a medium size. I’d disagree with the above. I’ve a Beta AR jacket and the quality is noticeably above all other goretex jackets I’ve had. And I’ve had rather a few….

The down jackets are on a par with most other decent down jackets. But their goretex stuff is easily the best I’ve encountered.

voodoo_chile

On and on ..its always on clearance/offer because it’s overpriced it has been the same for the last 20 years …. the build quality is average in the league of outdoor kit manufacturers

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

but needs to look quite smart at the same time

I think buying a £500 jacket marks you out as anything but smart.

onandon
    Free Member

Voodoo ,

Again. What is better quality?. I’m interested if you’ve found better as I’d like to check them out.
    please name or as I suspect, you’re talking complete bollox.

voodoo_chile

Spending more doesn’t mean better quality
    As for other brands do you want me to name them for you to stroke your arcteryx and say my jacket is king !
    As for talking bollox , not arsed

sillysilly
    Free Member

If you’re in London there are about 5 places within walking distance of the ArcT flagship store you can try stuff on from other brands to compare like for like against this range. I was in between sizes and got the impression that this was more lifestyle / fashion than real mountain wear. If you want to look skinny future cool, it fits and you’re not relying on it up K2 + don’t care about pricing, it is hard to find something to compete against this range from a pure aesthetic / finish perspective. You also don’t have the new childish ArcT logo plastered on you if you get this range which is a bonus. I’d say it is aimed more at the high net worth Apres Ski crowd who want to pay to look slightly different to the masses when walking to the bar in the eve.

CountZero

Again. What is better quality?. I’m interested if you’ve found better as I’d like to check them out.
    please name or as I suspect, you’re talking complete bollox.

Again – https://www.jottnar.com/uk/mens/
    A British company based in Cardiff, started by two Marines who wanted personal kit that was good enough to survive long periods in places like Norway where they used to train.
    I’d say they have the sort of background to know what makes good, well-designed outdoor performance gear.
    Unless you know different…

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Arcteryx Veilance !?!?’ is closed to new replies.