• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Architectural sustainability folk? Training Qs
  • andeh

Hi everyone, maybe a long shot, but I’ve got a few Qs about sustainability consulting/design, and hoped the hivemind would oblige.

Before I start, a bit about me. I graduated back in 2010 from an architecture degree, but didn’t want to go down the architect route. Since then I’ve been teaching, but I would like to get back into the design end of the construction industry, specifically the area surrounding sustainable design/technology and integration etc. To confuse matters further, over the next couple (we aim to move autumn 2018) of years we (the wife and I) plan on moving to Canada, Vancouver specifically.

Now, I will, no doubt, need to retrain a bit, as I’ve been out of the loop for a while. My question is, what is the best route to go down? Currently I’m considering going back to Uni (Nottingham) to do a masters in Sustainable Building Technology, but I understand that this would only give me a background in the theoretical aspects. Having been through the need-experience-to-gain-experience ringer before, would this course be a suitable direction to take? It would mean leaving my job and becoming a full time student for a year.

What other options do I have in terms of training? What would you advise? Anyone work in the industry in Canada? Is it worth it? etc etc.

Any advice would be massively appreciated, as at the minute, I’m a little confused by the possibilities.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Architectural sustainability folk? Training Qs’ is closed to new replies.