Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Arch Ex or Flow Ex?
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

So, looking at a new wheel set. Will be probably hope hubs with the new 40t ratchet.

Currently on the old flows but thinking of going to arch ex to save some weight. Around 300g I believe.

Is that saving worth it? Will be going on an Orange Alpine 160 with a already lightweight “trail” build not downhill build.

Also, where is the best prices for hope wheel sets at the moment?

Thanks
    Pete

daveh
    Free Member

Anything wrong with your present hubs? If not, rebuild onto light bicycle carbon rims => super wide, saves even more weight, should be cheaper and most importantly will look super rad to the gnar etc.

sprocker
    Free Member

I would go with flows on an alpine

treemagnet
    Free Member

I had the same choice recently and went for the arch ex’s.
    They seem wide enough, light enough and have taken a beating on some rough grav enduro trails …so far, all good.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Arch will be more than capable of a long life on your bike

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve battered a Flow into submission on the back of my hardtail after three years – though I think it was the rocky uplift days that did for it. I have Flow EX on my Spitfire which is a similar animal to the Alpine. For the style of riding and type of bike the extra strength/stiffness/width seems well worth the small weight penalty (especially considering the tyres I’m running!) How light a build is your ‘trail’ build?

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys.

Light trail build is getting close to 29lbs now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Arch Ex or Flow Ex?’ is closed to new replies.