Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Arbr Saker – Jesus wept
  • thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Almost £4500 for a frame and it looks real bad. Wtf is that?

Arbr Saker

Can’t imagine any sales at all. Or have I missed something.

Superficial
    Free Member

Fortunately it’s a bike not a sculpture. You know, for riding.

No bottle cage though. I’m out.

nedrapier

not sure about the chainwrap.

teethgrinder

Never mind that. Boost AND press fit BB.

**** that for a game of darts.

andybrad

Looks heavy,
    The real question is will it allow a fat balding man like myself with no fitness or skill to beat one of the Athertons? If so I’m in…

P-Jay
    Free Member

I see it got tore to pieces by the kids on PB.

I don’t mind the looks, yeah it’s a bit bulky the there’s some lovely details on it, the swingarm especially!

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

That would be a selling point.

edhornby

the workmanship is quality, the wrap detail is immense,

but as ned says, not enough chainwrap

twicewithchips
    Free Member

The design started with no constraints

and appeared to proceed in much the same manner. To be fair they have made a nice job of making it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

People said this was ugly when it came out…

Rorschach
    Free Member

People are still saying it now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It still is, CFH, and crap.

That carbon thing puts the gop into gopping.

psycorp
    Free Member

Superficial – Member
    Fortunately it’s a bike not a sculpture. You know, for riding.

Loving the irony.

FWiW I quite like it, in a Spesh Enduro kind of way.

honourablegeorge

Geuinely felt bad fo rthem reading the PB comments, as I’m sure there’s been a massive amount of work and investment gone into it, but it truly is hideous, and the reality is that aesthetics matter to buyers, whatever the product.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Pass the eye bleach kit.

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s an interesting looking design, but a simple pulley under the swing arm (a la DCD) would massively improve the chain wrap.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Four and a half grand and they can’t spell fibre.

And it’s fugly like my 1997 FSR Extreme was.

philxx1975
    Free Member

If brexit was a bike, 😆

eddiebaby
    Free Member

if Brexit was a bike

… the majority of people in this country would want one?

Superficial
    Free Member

if Brexit was a bike

… the majority* of people in this country would want one?

*27.6%

Let’s turn this one into Brexit nonsense too.

ocrider

If brexit was a bike,

… It would be from Argos. It would have a similar looking front triangle, in all fairness

eddiebaby
    Free Member

*27.6%

Let’s turn this one into Brexit nonsense too.

If you don’t vote, you don’t count.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

By majority, of course you mean 26% 😉

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Please stop talking about Brexit. Trying to complain about a bike I will never buy.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Can we all have a quick drool on that Pace please? Oof I want one.

darrell
    Free Member

I keep thinking about Homer Simpson and his car design

njee20
    Free Member

It looks like it’s straight out of the late 90s. Awful.

pictonroad

Aesthetics do matter and that scores badly. Reminds me of the many U.K. Low volume car manufacturers that pop up with some technically brilliant but horrendous to look at product and then are presumably surprised when they sink without trace.

Is it because the fierce determination to take a product from concept to sale is the same determination that will perhaps. not seek a second or third opinion on the looks?

Unless that’s the mother of all SWAT storage up front then it’s a no from this voter I’m afraid.

Trimix
    Free Member

Its a shame, but aesthetics do matter.

On the flip side there are lots of examples of nice looking stuff that is very badly made and doesn’t perform.

Perhaps they should team up with Crank Brothers.

longmover
    Free Member

It reminds me of the Honda RN01, I like it.

ferrals
    Free Member

I like the look of it. Just wonder if its heavy seems like a lot of material.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

A rearward rear axle path to absorb impacts from rough terrain and increase ability to carry speed

WTF does that actually mean?

An ability to carry speed. Really.

submarined
    Free Member

Only if they get it the right way round. Otherwise you get the ‘Alfa Romeo Arna effect’. Where a brand known for making beautiful cars teams up with a brand known for creating cars with bulletproof mechanicals.
    It’ll be an amazing thing! … And then the Japanese do the visuals, and the Italians do the oily bits.

Kahurangi

If you’re going to make a frame that ugly, at least redeem it by putting a gearbox or something in there.

/except I guess, Rob Metz already did a high pivot, handmade carbon fibre FS with gearbox and it didn’t look like a 90’s A-level design project.

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks like what I thought bikes would end up looking like when I was 12.

Makes me think of this for some reason, maybe it’s the “created by a Formula One genius for you unworthy mortals” line?

And +1 for the Pace being gopping too.

greyspoke
    Free Member

The high pivot point will result in massive chain growth (in the lower part of the chain). This my be why they appear to have a long-cage derailleur with a 1x setup that wouldn’t require it on a normal bike.

A further idler pulley on the non-tension part of the chain would help with this, together with the chain wrap issue bencooper mentioned. Though personally I would say enough teeth are engaged on the front.

Interesting the idler pulley is concentric with the pivot point, I wonder if they experimented with putting it a bit off-centre to tweak the suspension/pedalling interaction?

munrobiker
    Free Member

It reminds me of the Delta XCR, another very ugly carbon fibre British full suspension frame that was heinously expensive (about £4k in the early 2000s) and didn’t sell. They weren’t heard from again either.

kayla1
    Free Member

I don’t mind it, kind of, but I realise (based on the price) that I’m never ever going to be the target audience and with no bottle cage, boost and press-fit BB, aaaaaaaaaaah’m definitely oot.

Would it have been better to use a chain drive to the pivot though, then another separate drive from the pivot to the back wheel? It might have been a smidge heavier but it’d be more reliable and less likely to bounce off while you’re carrying all that extra speed, surely?

philwarren11
    Free Member

Thats a bike designed by an engineer who only took notice of a handful of market feedback points.

Long and slack. Check.
    Carbon. Check.
    Well known components. Check.
    Unique suspension acronym. Check.
    Enduro something in the literature. Check.

But lets ignore, looks, bottle cage, price, boost, press fit BB’s, listing frame weight and did i mention looks?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Arbr Saker – Jesus wept’ is closed to new replies.