Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Arborist/forestry non-chainsaw gloves
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

With a couple of wood burners to feed I seem to spend a large amount of time chopping trees down/splitting logs/moving logs/etc. I have chainsaw gloves for the actual, er, chainsawing but seem to – literally – wear out gloves for the ‘general wood handling activities’ (for want of a better expression) at a very rapid rate. Have tried buying cheap and often, but these might last a day or two and then split or wear through at the fingers, and buying very nice Husqvarna ones which lasted a little longer but I really wasn’t that impressed.

Anyone recommend any worth a look? Ideally leather palmed with some light insulation. I realise that this is heading into slightly rarified-uber-niche terratory even for here, but you never know…. 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

Stop being a girl and MTFU?

HTH

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

what too tall said

if you are going to use an axe and chainsaw like every real man should then you should be doing it semi naked and have hands like the very trees you are butchering

bristolbiker
    Free Member

The first season, I did try it without gloves…. but 5 solid days in December moving cords of tree around the woods left me with hands like (excuse the hyperbole) bleeding lumps of meat. The bark of large Oaks and particularly Poplars is more effective than sandpaper.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Why leather?

For a level of water-resistance – the micro-fibre backed ‘high grip’ things do a good impression of a sponge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Arborist/forestry non-chainsaw gloves’ is closed to new replies.