Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • April in Scotland – where the 'must rides'?
  • boxelder

So, I may have a week or so of free time in Scotland next Easter and want to make the most of it. Will have van, but want to do a multi-day trip, weather permitting – light camping or bothies/hostels. Keen to go to Corrour and love Torridon.
    Recommendations?
    I know it’s a way off, but I’ve not been to Scotland much recently and rarely get a week free from domestics.

Spin
    Free Member

It’ll still be under feet of snow. I hope… 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We did a loop over Beinn A Ghlo and Carn Liath in April last year. Just up the road from Pitlochry. Barely a cloud in the sky. 8)

https://picasaweb.google.com/mcmoonter/20110417BeinnAGhloCarnLiathRide#

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Carn ban mor in the morning, and Laggan in the afternoon is hard to beat. Really hard to beat.

duir
    Free Member

5 days MTB in t-shirts and shorts this April in Aberdeenshire. Not so well known as the more popular places but in my opinion some of the best natural riding in Scotland.

AdeG

Awesome 3 day route –
    Day 1 Tyndrum to Fort William via west highland way
    Day 2 Fort William – great glen to Fort Augustus the Corryarich (spelt wrong) to Kinloch Lagan (stop at pottery bunkhouse)
    Day 3 Lagan to Ben Alder cottage via river pattack & bealach dubh (one of the best single tracks in scotland) Ben Alder cottage south to Loch Rannoch (1km of crappy track rest good) road to Rannoch station the 2 stops on train back to Tyndrum

I defy you to find a better 3 day route

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That sounds great Ade, I read recently that the Corriyarraick has been given the motorway treatment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘April in Scotland – where the 'must rides'?’ is closed to new replies.