Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • April fool's day has come early
  • rone

Never got David Hockney at all.

The Sun logo redesign

Still don’t. What a weird marriage and poorly executed effort. Still made me laugh.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

reminds me of when i used to draw spirals on womens boobs on page 3….tell me i wasn’t alone?

CountZero

I ‘get’ Hockney, and I think he’s actually taking the piss, it’s a really shitty bit of design that sits perfectly with the ‘newspaper’ it’s been ‘designed’ for.
    😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

David Hockney’s Sun logo in more detail

😀

rone

I ‘get’ Hockney, and I think he’s actually taking the piss, it’s a really shitty bit of design that sits perfectly with the ‘newspaper’ it’s been ‘designed’ for

I don’t think it needs any help in that department. In point of fact he says he loves the Sun; so why not draw a nice pair of knockers on the front?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The actual design of the logo…

it’s a homage to the typical doodlings of your average Sun reader; the working class man. Go and look at the newspapers in your canteen and you’ll find plenty have been scribbled on in various ways. I’d liken it to a nervous “tic” done in automation when you have to spend 45 minutes sat at a table with work colleagues you struggle to get along with. It comes after the crossword….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hockney was astute at outing working class repression, this underpins thier tortured ambivalence to Art.

joat

Whathaveisaidnow – Member
    reminds me of when i used to draw spirals on womens boobs on page 3….tell me i wasn’t alone?

Probably best if you were.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

April fools has been happening most days this month so far. Is the logo available in colour in version

Drac

Still don’t. What a weird marriage and poorly executed effort. Still made me laugh.

It’s simple. He’s pointing out the paper is a joke not much more than a comic.

April fools has been happening most days this month so far. Is the logo available in colour in version

What day did it not happen?

senorj

Mr Taylforth has it.
    Ha.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘April fool's day has come early’ is closed to new replies.