Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Apps killing battery life :-)
  • mactheknife

I have a galaxy s2 with various apps i have installed. One of these – Grid Reference apparently uses up the majority of the battery even though i keep closing it.

I very rarely use the app, only when i am out on the bike in remote locations for a double check where i am, the rest of the time the GPS is off and the app closed.

??? so why is the we bu@@er using all my battery 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Starting up in the background? What is it’s permissions? try removing it and checking the permissions on reinstall.

scaredypants

backcountry navigator is good – not free, though you get a trial period

it’ll show you where you are, not sure if it gives a grid ref but it has v good free, zoomable, downloadable maps (so doesn’t need to keep a data conection)

mactheknife

re-installation seems to have worked for now, will have to keep an eye on it. Thanks

Will have a look at backcountry navigator but really just wanting a quick grid ref to double check where i am. Happy with reading a map so its just a double check really.

And why do Garmin edges not give you grid references??

Ho hum….ta all 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

I installed GPS Essentials to give me a number of additional GPS functions, including a quick OS GR check.

On my Edge 705, I can go into Menu….Satellite and that has my current OS GR position.

Cougar

Grid Reference apparently uses up the majority of the battery even though i keep closing it.

Have you tried not doing that?

If you’re task-killing services, they’ll stop and auto-restart, chewing up battery.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Apps killing battery life :-)’ is closed to new replies.