Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Approach shoes
  • Spud

Need some new ones, usually have 5:10, what’s good at the moment, what have you bought lately?

Cougar

Salomon all the way for me. Picked up a pair of Vegas to replace my old, ah, Vegas from Go Outdoors recently for the princely sum of £40.

jam-bo

5:10 Camp Four. just looked at prices and RRP has gone up to £95!!!!

globalti
    Free Member

Can the same shoes be used for arrivals and departures?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Yes but not in Murtala Mohamed !

globalti
    Free Member

Eeeeeek!

geoffj

globalti – Member

😆 Approach shoes has got to be one of the wankiest marketing bollocks terms of all time.

rusty90
    Free Member

Aren’t approach shoes what you wear to walk from the car park to the indoor climbing wall? 🙂
    Mind you, I’ve got a pair of Merrells which are excellent, both off and on the bike.

chewkw
    Free Member

Haglofs Mens Vertigo GT Shoe

or Keen Mens Gypsum

or Keen Mens Alamosa WP

I bought this because it’s on sale …
    Haglofs Mens Ramble Shoe

Most outdoor shops stock them especially Cotswold.

footflaps

My choice for Approach shoe, commuting shoe, office shoe, etc

nealglover
    Free Member

Can someone explain what an approach shoe actually is please ?

I have some, but I need to know what their destiny is so I can help them to fulfill it

I would hate to be holding them back by simply wearing them to walk to the pub in.

Cougar

It’s ok. You’re approaching the pub.

Basically they’re walking / hiking shoes but with soles made from the ‘sticky rubber’ that you get on rock climbing shoes, so suitable for the more rocky terrain you get on the approach to climbs and on council maintained roads outside Accrington pubs.

nealglover
    Free Member

That’s ok then.

There are a couple of angled stone slabs on my chosen cross country route to the pub.

I normally walk round them, but I’ll just give the shoes a quick spin over them next time, just to keep ’em ‘Appy like.

Cougar

See, you’ve been doing it wrong, but just think; no longer will you have to take a suboptimal route circumnavigating a slightly angled rock feature. Think how much time you’ll save.

deft
    Free Member

My Camp Fours are on the way out – I’ll (grudgingly) pay £95 for another pair when the time comes though, they’re ace

nealglover
    Free Member

That’s an extra 45/50 seconds each way saved.

Almost another pint :mrgreen:

peajay

Have had several pairs of north face hedgehogs but the price as crept up to £100 so I don’t think I’ll bother anymore, just not worth it!

chewkw
    Free Member

That Camp Four 5.10 looks like the daddy if price is not a problem. I like!

I wear mine for walking … to the pub … to the shop … to work … everything really. :mrgreen:

For me it’s multi-purpose and rather good at all …

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Tiso had some Haglofs the other day at 50 quid, looked the business. It might be instore only though

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Approach shoes’ is closed to new replies.