Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • Appollo 17 – faked ?
  • kelvin

Trail erosion everywhere.

GrahamS

Pfft that’s clearly just ant trails on top of a sponge cake. 😉

razorrazoo

TG: do you smoke a lot of pot? Do you feel like you have lost control over aspects of your life? Have you suffered any traumatic events recently that might have you searching for answers?

A lot of folk getting drawn into conspiracy stuff seem to fit into one or more of these groups.

TG and friends discuss yet another conspiracy…[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYbCPNBQJ4U[/video]

hodgynd
    Free Member

Close ..but quite obviously that is Birds Angel Delight and not a sponge cake…
    Seriously though ..those moon buggy tracks must be two miles wide if we are to believe that ! 8)

GrahamS

those moon buggy tracks must be two miles wide if we are to believe that !

You realise that picture wasn’t taken from Earth with someone’s phone, yeah?

amedias
    Free Member

eriously though ..those moon buggy tracks must be two miles wide if we are to believe that

Please show your workings…

DezB
    Free Member

You can clearly see a bubble float by in that picture.

onewheelgood

Seriously though ..those moon buggy tracks must be two miles wide if we are to believe that !

The LRO orbits at a height of 50k above the moon, and has no atmospheric dispersion to worry about.

martinhutch

Seriously though ..those moon buggy tracks must be two miles wide if we are to believe that !

GrahamS

The LRO orbits at a height of 50k above the moon, and has no atmospheric dispersion to worry about.

For those landing site photos it adjusted its orbit to 21km above the lunar surface, as described here:
    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html

They were taken by the Narrow Angle camera on the LRO. It has an Effective Focal Length of 700mm. Specs are here:
    http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/about/specs

The LRV is not far off the size of a normal car “10 feet 2 inches long, 44 inches high with a 7-foot 6-inch wheel base”, specs here:
    https://www.history.nasa.gov/alsj/MSFC-LRV.pdf

Hope that helps with the sums.

GrahamS

For comparison, here is someone zooming in on the moon from Earth (384,400 km away) using a consumer grade camera (the FE’ers camera of choice a Nikon P900):

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xdWouk5RzE[/video]

Now imagine if he were only 21km away and had no atmosphere to film through.

hodgynd
    Free Member

But but but ..there is no mention of scale ..any idea as to the surface area we are looking at ?
    In comparison to the size of some of those craters the tracks look extremely wide ..
    I don’t need any mathematical working out to tell me what is obvious from just looking at the picture those tracks are the same width as some of those craters.. 😀

bullheart
    Free Member

Magnets.

Thread closed.

GrahamS

The whole image is about 400 metres across hodgynd.

Here is a larger image with the scale on it:
    https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/584582main_M168000580LR_ap17_area_flat.jpg

jonnyboi

It was trending on MSN,

I’m out

martinhutch

the same width as some of those craters..

And we all know that craters are always massive – or they wouldn’t be craters. 🙂

How are you going to fit a Bond Villain base in something the size of a football?

GrahamS

On the image I linked to above the marked scale indicates that 400 pixels = 100 metres.

If you measure the width of the tracks they are about 8 or 9 pixels wide from centre to centre. Which makes them about 2 or 2.25 metres wide. Which sounds about right to me looking at the Apollo 17 LRV:

Questions hodgynd?

hodgynd
    Free Member

None ..thanks for taking the time.
    I’m still a long way from being convinced though ..but as said earlier I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind ..my own belief lies in the fact that in 1969 technology just wasn’t that far advanced ..even in America

slowoldman

my own belief lies in the fact that in 1969 technology just wasn’t that far advanced ..even in America

Well that’s just utter rubbish. What level of technology would you feel appropriate? Warp drive?

jamj1974

draft-dodgers up into space..

I hope that’s as tongue in cheek as I think it is. Regardless of my pacifist world view, not only were these men service personnel with long and impressive service records, many of them had already served in a conflict zone – Korea.

zippykona

Would you really go in to space in this?
    My shed is built better.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

my own belief lies in the fact that in 1969 technology just wasn’t that far advanced

Getting to the moon isn’t rocket science you know.

Wait….

jam-bo

I heard they got Kubrick in to fake it, but he insisted on filming on location.

jonnyboi

You skeptics could club together and buy a lazer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment

hodgynd
    Free Member

Tell me what’s unusual about this footage ..
    https://youtu.be/cwZb2mqId0A

No hang on a sec that invites an answer ..
    It’s generally accepted that Neil Armstrong was the first man to step onto the moon ..but that can’t be true ..it has to be the cameraman who recorded the event .. 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Obviously as a schoolboy in 69 you would have had a very good idea exactly what a real moon landing would look like…..

I can’t work out if this is just normal sarcasm or a well thought out sexual shenanigans joke.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

LEGO have made that Saturn5 and shit so it must be real.

GrahamS

1969 technology just wasn’t that far advanced

You’re right. It wasn’t very advanced at all.

Core rope memory, 4096 bytes of RAM, 2.048 MHz clock.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer

You get more power than that in a musical birthday card these days.

But it was enough!

(And yes there are books and videos discussing the hardware and going through all the software in detail).

This lady is a good place to start:
    [video]https://youtu.be/b8S_T772H1c[/video]

crankboy
    Free Member

It’s generally accepted that Neil Armstrong was the first man to step onto the moon ..but that can’t be true ..it has to be the cameraman who recorded the event .. “

Who was Neil Armstrong who triggered the camera that folded out of the equipment bay.

Cougar

my own belief lies in the fact that in 1969 technology just wasn’t that far advanced ..even in America

How advanced was the technology to fake it? Seriously, it’d have been easier to put a man on the moon than convince the world they’d done so in a manner that is still credible half a century later.

It’s generally accepted that Neil Armstrong was the first man to step onto the moon ..but that can’t be true ..it has to be the cameraman who recorded the event ..

You’re either trolling or an idiot, and I suspect it’s the former. The camera was mounted on the LM.

jonnyboi

I think they’re trolls pretending to be idiots, but it isn’t a good look either way

ajantom

Would you really go in to space in this?
    My shed is built better.

Functional and airtight is better than a pretty sieve 😉

Function over form my friend.

hodgynd
    Free Member

It also says that a lanyard had to be pulled to open ..as in not pushed ..you can only pull something from the outside ..it then says that Aldrin pushed a button from the inside to start recording the event ..and a live event at that ..so very simplistic and went without a hitch ..wow !
    As I have said all along ..believe what you want I’m not trying to change your mind ..stop trying to change mine ( my last contribution to this thread ..thanks )

nealglover
    Free Member

my own belief lies in the fact that in 1969 technology just wasn’t that far advanced ..even in America I have no real knowledge on the subject

Slight fix for you.

believe what you want I’m not trying to change your mind ..stop trying to change mine

When you were at school did you keep shouting at the teachers

“stop trying to educate me. I don’t need knowledge! I’ll just make shit up, it’ll be fine”

jonnyboi

Science and facts, who needs that crap eh?

slowoldman

Science and facts, who needs that crap eh?

Yeah, overrated compared to what that bloke down the pub reckons.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a good job I saw the smaller crane building the tower crane outside work on the weekend or come Monday morning I’d have just walked past and had to decide if it was magic or just an optical illusion cause I can’t see any other way to build it.

GrahamS

Near complete ignorance of the subject, but absolute certaintity that it was a massive global conspiracy.

Standard.

RustyNissanPrairie

As a development engineer who spends time with industrial networking and PLC’s/SCADA im fascinated with the level of technology Nasa had and used in their guidance systems and onboard computers at the time of Apollo and the later Shuttle missions. Their knowledge and thinking was absolute cutting at the time and enough to get a man on the moon, end of.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a complete stoner or trolling

Kryton57

I think it did happen through sheer effort and bloody mindedness with some real technical effort.

I also think they fabricated fake news to make sure the world and Russia new they did it, which is where the shit photos and poor evidence comes from that drives the conspiracy.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Appollo 17 – faked ?’ is closed to new replies.