Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Appletreewick easy route?
  • anniison
    Free Member

Wondering if anyone can help. I remember in the murky depths of my memory (very murky believe me!) from many years ago a Yorkshire MTB guide that had an easy Appletreewick route. Its not the V publishing Nick Cotton one (got that and its not in there), does anyone recall which it is or have it?

Thinking of heading up there in a couple of weekends, and the route needs to be easy (10-12 miles ish and not too hilly), as Im recovering from a long term illness. If no-one does remember the guide does anyone know of a route we can do that fits the above description?

Ta :o)

ton

from appletreewick head to middle skyreholme, take right junction to high skyreholme, up the track and left at obvious junction.
    climb up to the road and turn left.
    take left turn after fancarl house. where the road goes left, head straight on onto bw. follow this steeply downhill past kail hill and then very steeply down to the road.
    turn left and head back up to appletreewick.

this ride is one of the 1st mtb rides i ever did in the early 80’s.
    not technical at all, couple of stiffish climps, but good views and a fantastic grassy descent. it is about 8 miles .

anniison
    Free Member

Brilliant, thank you :o)

allthegear
    Free Member

Pop in to the New Inn at Appletreewick and ask. There certainly used to be lots of routes drawn on maps on the walls. Food’s not bad, either

Rachel

nevisthecat
    Free Member

ton’s route is a good one.

When you up ? I can mai lyou a few routes which I do around there.

Your more filthy than murky anyhow.

anniison
    Free Member

Ello Nevis. Sounds good thanks! We’re up 17th/18th August, will drop you a text, be good to see you & the fiery one if you’re about :o)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Appletreewick easy route?’ is closed to new replies.