Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Apple Watch Workouts -> Strava
  • nickb

Does anyone know how to get Apple Watch/App Workouts (in the Apple Activities app) to be pushed to Strava? I seem to have Strava activities being pushed in to the Activities app (they appear in the list of workouts) but not the other way around.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Nick

simon_g

Now that iOS11 allows access to GPS tracks, I use RunGap to push from Activities to Strava and MapMyRun and elsewhere.

nickb

Thanks Simon – I’ve given that a go, but it still doesn’t seem to push any data to Strava. Does it work with the free RunGap app, or do you need to buy an updgrade?

Nick

dave3fc
    Free Member

In strava (on your iPhone) go to settings, apps, tick Apple Watch permission settings (allow from watch)

nickb

OK – so I seem to have RunGap working, but I had to buy the £1.99 ‘swag bag’ upgrade to share/push activities from RunGap to Strava. Seems to work though, but I think I have to manually push activities one-by-one – will see if this can be automated…

Have now also updated the settings as per dave3fc’s suggestion so maybe that solves the problem – will let you know.

Thanks for the help!
    Nick

nickb

So, having spent a few days playing around, I’ve found the following:
    – Stava can write activities to Apple Health (and therefore to Apple Workouts)
    – However, Strava can’t read activities/workouts from Apple Health

So, if you record activities on the watch using the Apple watch app (workout), you need to use a 3rd party app (RunGap) to get the data out of Health and in to Strava.

If you record activities on the watch using the Strava watch app, it will add these to Apple Health and Apple Workouts automatically.

For now, I’m using Strava on the watch and it appears to be working fine.

Cheers
    Nick

mrwalker
    Free Member

So, if you record activities on the watch using the Apple watch app (workout), you need to use a 3rd party app (RunGap) to get the data out of Health and in to Strava.

I find if you do that you’ll end up with duplicate activities in Health, since Strava will dutifully add the activity back to Health.

I also find if you use Apple’s activity app without having your phone with you it can take ½ a mile for the GPS to work out where it is, cutting the GPX trail short. Strava seems a bit better about that too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Apple Watch Workouts -> Strava’ is closed to new replies.