Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Apple Watch owners – advice please
  • hammerite
    Free Member

Do I go LTE or not? The cost for the watch isn’t a huge amount more than GPS only.

Like the idea of an extra 8gb of memory but without photos/vids I have no idea whether I’ll use that much.
    Like the idea of getting 10gb of data (which I’ll never get close to using up) a month but interested to know if this can be spread between the watch and the phone? In most scenarios I’ll still have my phone with me so is it worth £5 a month?
    I like the idea of being able to make calls from it but in reality how often will I leave the phone at home?

Anyone’s experiences appreciated.

simon_g

Little point unless you’ll be away from your phone regularly. So that’s really if running, cycling, surfing, etc without your phone appeals but you want to be contactable while you’re away.

I run regularly with just the watch (can pair BT headphones for music) but the world can probably wait for 30 mins for me to get home.

IA

Assuming you’re on EE? Otherwise it’s not even an option….

cnud
    Free Member

I got an LTE version but haven’t bothered with a contract yet, at least it’s an option if I want it

rob2
    Free Member

My wife got me an LTE for xmas. The number one benefit is not having to take a phone out with you on a bike. I mainly go on the road these days so that’s really handy.

I turn the LTE off at all other times. For £40 odd I’d say it’s worth it for the convenience #firstworldproblem

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks. Yes on EE already so it’s an option. Apparently first 6 months on the LTE contract is free which makes it more interesting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Apple Watch owners – advice please’ is closed to new replies.