Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Apple TV Q
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

Can you play itunes shared music through Apple TV ..surround sound

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep

tc3nitro
    Free Member

Yep shared/purchased/AirPlay the lot !

I have 5 AppleTv’s and I can’t recommend them enough. Awesome little devices that are often over looked.

crazant
    Free Member

TC3 do the five Tv’s play in sync when using all of them, I have 1 apple tv linked to my surround sound amp and 3 other airport express’s , if I use airfoil it goes out of sync after 10 mins and if I have the Apple tv linked to the amp via hdmi it goes out of sync..It seems to work ok using just Digital cable but not ideal…

Any ideas…

As for apple tv’s in general good pieces of kit but really need that jailbreak for the Tv 3…

singlecrack
    Free Member

Cool …just want to get rid of my ancient hifi ..but want a better sound than an ipad dock thingy……so I thought shared itunes music through ipad to Apple TV then through surround sound ?…. I take it that’s possible ?

Vinnyc
    Free Member

Airport express does airplay too and cheaper if your only using it for airplay

nickwgbr
    Free Member

Yep, you can stream from a pad/phone direct or the Apple TV can access the iTunes library on your mac/pc, I do the same, play iTunes library through surround sound in the lounge from a pc in the study, the Apple TV has an optical out as well as hdmi so I do hdmi to TV, and optical to surround sound amp.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Or get a raspberry pi and run Raspbmc (free and installs in two clicks).
    In addition to all the usual xbmc stuff, it does airplay for tv/music. Total cost about £40.
    Airport Express/AppleTv slightly better quality music though.

tc3nitro
    Free Member

Yeah I would remove the ipad from the equation and just use the ATV to play your iTunes library directly.
    That’s exactly what I do with all my movies, tv shows and music.

tc3nitro
    Free Member

Crazant

I have no idea as I don’t play stuff in sync from them all just tend to use them for different tasks not the same.

oomidamon

I’ve just bought a Logitech Bluetooth adaptor for £23 which allows me to stream music from my iPad to a set of speakers. Does the job nicely.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Well ..I decided to buy a new 3rd gen Apple TV ….loving it ..now I’m not really an apple fan bouy but it was easy to set up …and now I’m watching mid week movies on the big screen ..lol

ampthill

How did you get to the mid week movies?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Mirror off ipad ….it’s great

ampthill

ah I’ve not got an ipad 😳

waller
    Free Member

I’ve got an Apple TV connected to a DAC via the optical out which converts to two RCA leads into the back of my amp. Music stored on my NAS drive. Voila. Works perfectly too 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Apple TV Q’ is closed to new replies.