Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Apple tree pub in Haslemere – Lion Green. Any good?
  • nedrapier

Hi all,

This might be my local before too long. Any regulars on here? Or is it best avoided?

Cheers!

tor5
    Free Member

Only been in once, about 2-3 years ago shortly after moving in… No proper beer, surly barman and lots of disco lights, haven’t been back. Your best bet for a proper local is the royal oak. The mill tavern should be a great pub for all occasions but is suffering from changing hands a lot recently.

On the upside, there’s loads of great riding from the door step and two decent LBSs – happy to show you around if you like?

Where are you expecting to move to?

Green

Similar view to tor5, I’ve been here about 4 years and only been in once, despite our rides often starting from Lion Green.

nedrapier

Yup, that’s the impression I got. Not really expecting it to be the loveliest local, just got a bit concerned that it might be especially noisy or rowdy. Someone said since the Crown and Cushion got closed down, all the druggies and underage drinkers go the to this place instead. That someone might have been on the wind up though!

tor5 – all going well, November/December. I’ll definitely be in touch if it does!

Thanks guys!

Any other input welcome, obviously!

Green

I’d heard that crowd went to another pub in town, perhaps they’ve been moved on. I wouldn’t worry too much, this is Haslemere after all, I was in the cookery shop the other day and a another customer was horrified to hear that someone hadn’t returned the cake tin they borrowed, and that was why they were now asking for deposits, she genuinely said “What, in Haslemere? surely not”.

A group of us ride every Tuesday evening and Saturday morning, your welcome to join us.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Guy at work lives close by and he described the pub as “spit and sawdust”, or “full of tradesmen, where you wouldn’t take your girlfriend in”. It used to be full of druggies and under-aged drinkers when it was The Inn on the Green, apparently.

nedrapier

“What, in Haslemere? surely not”.

Ho, ho! This has been why we haven’t been especially worked up about it.

It used to be full of druggies and under-aged drinkers when it was The Inn on the Green, apparently.

And ho, ho again. This is what my brother said! Freely admits to being a druggy, underage drinker and frequenter of the Inn on The Green 20-odd years ago. Said it was rough!

We’ll probably head down tomorrow night for a reconnaissance pint – girlfriend is now wife, so I don’t have to impress her as much!

Fingers crossed everything’ll work out lovely, and I’ll be casting about for routes and Tuesday evening rides!

Cheers,

Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Apple tree pub in Haslemere – Lion Green. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.