Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Apple store student discounts (Apple Store for Education) – iPad
  • edd

I have a couple of questions…

a) My sister is a student, I’m not. Is there any problem with her buying me an iPad though the Apple education store and then giving it to me? (Does it need to be synced to a computer within the university network?)

b) Does anyone know how much a new iPad, WiFi only, 16GB is from the Apple education store?

Thanks, Edd

GHill

a) Technically, no. Legally, maybe (I have no idea).
    b) £387.60. Not much of a saving.

organic355
    Free Member

didnt think ipads had education discounts?

GHill

I was surprised to find that they did.

edd

Thanks GHill! You’re right, not much of a discount.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i think there is 3 tiers of educational discount

the stores are identified by a 7 digit number in the url

5000669 is edinburgh telford uni
    5000660 is doncaster

play around, see if you can find any higher discounts

Atomizer

£387.60 through my University as well – you have to log in via your Uni network or VPN to see the prices though.

No restrictions on what you do with it or who you give it to once bought.

Gary_M
    Free Member

No issues with use, you’re just getting a bit of a discount so it’s hardly an illegal activity.

b) Does anyone know how much a new iPad, WiFi only, 16GB is from the Apple education store? – why didn’t you just go on the apple site and look for yourself?

geoffj

The other benefit is a longer warranty – 3 years?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is it? The guy at the apple store didn’t mention that when my son bought his mac a couple of weeks ago through an education discount. Is that only if buying through a uni network?

tonyplym
    Free Member

Think the iPad discount is about 3%. Longer warranty – eligable purchase of computers through the Apple Education site gets three years repair warranty but only 1 year telephone support.

Gary_M – “Apple” store – was it a proper Apple-run store, or a franchise ? – franchise might have offered a discount to get the purchase from you but its probably not obliged to give the extra warranty.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Gary_M – “Apple” store – was it a proper Apple-run store, or a franchise ? – franchise might have offered a discount to get the purchase from you but its probably not obliged to give the extra warranty.

Proper apple store. No need to offer a discount as we went in knowing we had the discount available as my wife is a ateacher so gets a 6% discount on a mac.

Kato

I hope it’s better than my discount through work!

I just preordered a 32gb 4G and the retail price is £579

Price with my discount…………………… £567.50

simonralli2
    Free Member

I bought my MacBook via the scheme and while it is good to have the hardware savings, there are much bigger savings to be had on the software.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Apple store student discounts (Apple Store for Education) – iPad’ is closed to new replies.