Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Apple… Shocking with Rebates..
  • millzy
    Free Member

i bought a macbook pro back in August and got a free ipod touch (well i had to pay £70 for it) with the back to school student discount. When purchasing the mac i had to pay the full amount for the ipod and i would get the £110 back in a rebate a couple of weeks later,

i filled in all the forms send everything to the right address but didn't hear anything for a full month, have since rung apple 3 times, 1 time i was cut off, the second and third time the American "dude" on the end of the line said he would sort it out straight away and email me.. Both time he never got back to me, 2 weeks ago i sent a long email to one of the people i had previously spoken to explaining my problem,

still havent heard anything, what should i do next?
    if i had known i would have had this much hassle with the deal i wouldn't have got the bloody ipod in the first place!

Flaperon

Same thing happened to me. Got an email telling me that I was too late with the paperwork (despite sending it the same day I got the computer), but then a cheque mysteriously appeared about 3 months later.

marcher
    Free Member

I seem to remember when I did this offer a few years back it took ages for the cheque to appear. I think you just have to bite the bullet on this one – the money will turn up when you least expect it 😉

xc-steve
    Free Member

Write a formal complaint to them, will be surprised at how quickly companies get back to you if you bother to do such a thing!

A while back orange charged me over the odds for what was admittedly a fault on my behalf, but I complained saying it wasn't clear the costs involved (using data with no data bundle). Got fully reimbursed and they sorted me out a data deal. I'm sure a company such as Apple will be more than happy to help make a happy costumer.

clubber
    Free Member

Write to watchdog on the BBC – bet they'd love this as it sounds like a few people are affected.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Always send important docs by recorded/signed for delivery for a start. But otherwise complain!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Serves you right for buying overpriced, un maintainable fashion items! It staggers me as to why people are prepared to pay more than double just to have Apple emblazoned on their PC or PMPs! Why they would choose an OS that has limited support, limited and expensive software. Or the incovenience of only one media player to syncronise their PMP with. You can't even swap a friggin battery!

ourmaninthenorth

It's simple, really, all those people like you waiting for a rebate have, in fact, provided a massive working capital boost for Apple at no cost to them. No wonder they are taking their time to pay up….

retro83
    Free Member

Serves you right for buying overpriced, un maintainable fashion items! It staggers me as to why people are prepared to pay more than double just to have Apple emblazoned on their PC or PMPs! Why they would choose an OS that has limited support, limited and expensive software. Or the incovenience of only one media player to syncronise their PMP with. You can't even swap a friggin battery!

Sir, I put it to you that your points are simultaneously invalid and a contemptible attempt at trollery.

tomzo
    Free Member

Mine was rejected because i filled in the form wrong, but i rang up and they sorted it out pronto.

Don't bother emailing, RING THEM again.

When did you send off for the rebate? I thought the scheme ended in october, so its surely been quite a while, no?

Jamie
    Free Member

Spongebob:

retro83:

Sir, I put it to you that your points are simultaneously invalid and a contemptible attempt at trollery.

I concur with the honourable gentleman.

I also would like to request the ability to use nested quotes so the above quoted text actually makes a bit of sense.

CountZero

Spongebob, I'm prepared to pay for a quality, well made, good looking piece of equipment with an OS that is intuitive, easy to use, comes complete with pretty much all the software I could ever want bundled free, and that isn't going to need replacing twelve months down the line. In exactly the same way that I do for my cameras, my TV, my bikes, etc. When you know what you're talking about, instead of repeating tired old rubbish, then you might have a point to make. My experience with macs goes back nearly fifteen years in a professional working environment, that wasn't just grepping around in a cube farm. My experiences with MS machines are never less than miserable, I've lost count of the number of gutted PC carcases sitting at work ready to be disposed of, whereas a Mac that I used in '95 was only retired earlier this year, and is still perfectly usable, only being retired because it couldn't cope with Quark and CS4 any longer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Apple… Shocking with Rebates..’ is closed to new replies.