Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Apple Rant!
  • JoeBones
    Free Member

Got my iphone 5 and the fekkers ahdv changed the adapter!

Tried various bluetooth adapters, aux cables etc but listening to my music has become a right pain in the arse! any ideas?

Help appreciated

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Got my iphone 5 and the fekkers ahdv changed the adapter!

Welcome to September 2012!

bruneep

Bluetooth speaker?

CountZero

Were you away when this was all over the news? There are 30-pin to Lightning adaptors available, and spare cables;
    Took me thirty seconds to find this:
    http://www.ipadhut.co.uk/collections/ipad-cables/products/lightning-8-pin-to-30-pin-adapter-for-iphone-5-ipad-4-ipad-mini-ipod-touch-5-ipod-nano-7
    Take your pick
    http://dx.com/s/30-pin+to+lightning+adaptor

joemarshall
    Free Member

From that link:

NOTE : This product will not work with audio

Maybe you need the real twenty quid or whatever apple one for audio to work?

organic355
    Free Member

apple tv? airport express?

STATO
    Free Member

you need the real twenty quid or whatever apple one for audio to work

stufield
    Free Member

Aux cable?

JoeBones
    Free Member

Countzero, got one of those, useless. Only good for charging, does not support audio you dweeb.

warton
    Free Member

does not support audio you dweeb.

nice

JoeBones
    Free Member

Aux cable is ok but sound quality compromised. Might look into a bluetooth speaker.

scotia
    Free Member

CD’s? Stereo?

dweeb?

CountZero

From that link:

NOTE : This product will not work with audio

Maybe you need the real twenty quid or whatever apple one for audio to work?

Teach me to do a quick search and c’n’p! Sorry, didn’t read all the blurb. 😳
    TBH, I just haven’t bothered getting an adaptor for my iP5, I just got a couple of quality extra connecting cables, I use my old iP4 as an iPod, and for satnav, and that sits on the dock on my bedside DAB radio, with a clock display on it. My 5 is in a waterproof case, so wouldn’t fit anyway. They’ll all plug into my car’s USB slot, so it’s not an issue for me.

maccruiskeen

you dweeb.

is there anything else we can help you with?

docrobster
    Free Member

Genuine apple 30pin to lightning connector works fine for audio.
    £25 for it is taking the proverbial though

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Haven’t Apple installed a special chip in their cables for the phone to recognise? No chip – no connectivity.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

JoeBones – Member
    Aux cable is ok but sound quality compromised. Might look into a bluetooth speaker.

Depends on what gear your using if you notice a difference in quality.

bigG
    Free Member

docrobster – Member

Genuine apple 30pin to lightning connector works fine for audio.
    £25 for it is taking the proverbial though

It’s not cheap, but it’s the only solution that works in my experience. Full functionality with everything I plug it into – car, sound dock etc,,,

STATO
    Free Member

“Haven’t Apple installed a special chip in their cables for the phone to recognise? No chip – no connectivity.”

New cable 8 pin, old 30. You need a chip to convert signals from the 8pin to give the right outputs to the 30pins for full use. Not quite as simple as ‘not recognising’ a cable. You only really need it for audio tho, only 8 of the 30pins are used for data and power, so a cheap convertor is all you need for that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Audi cable – sound quality compromised, really ? Digital music is compressed (ie lower quality) anyway.

Cougar

Depends how you encode it.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

That was for iPhone 3 – 4 and Touches (IIRC). When the cables were the same size but apple needed extra money, they did stop older things such as ipod > TV out working with newer models; jailbreaking soon sorted that!

zokes
    Free Member

Unless your audio is encoded in a lossless format, sound quality is compromised anyway, and even more so over bt, you dweeb

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unless your audio is encoded in a lossless format, sound quality is compromised anyway, and even more so over bt, you dweeb

Time for directional cables? Most people will be let down by either their ears or the choice of music before the cables and encoding starts to show 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Most people will be let down by either their ears or the choice of music before the cables and encoding starts to show

Well, to be fair MWS, if your choice of music includes Katy Perry, it’s probably best that the quality is compromised by shoddy encoding to mask the true horror of the noise. 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Apple Rant!’ is closed to new replies.