Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Apple Mail App – having to swipe a lot…
  • Kryton57

What’s the rule, or is there a setting that’ll default to the top of the email list when opening the app on an iPad?

Both my mini and Mrs K’s iPad seems to pick a random email for a few weeks and starts there, meaning a lot of swiping to get to the top of the list.

Any ideas?

jam-bo

Dunno but tapping the top status bar in most apps shortcuts you back to the top of the page.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Mine used to do that but having read your post realised no more! Anyway no need to swipe just tap the top of the screen where the time is displayed – it will take you direct to the top of the list. I think works for all apps not just mail.

Kryton57

That works, thanks.

Whats the rule though, that makes it default to a certain email for a period of time?

FuzzyWuzzy

Pretty sure mine always opens showing the most recent emails

Three_Fish
    Free Member

That happens on my iPad Pro too, it’s a bit irritating. Open the app and it’s showing a random email in the main view panel, or no email, and it’s scrolled down the email list and not necessarily to the same email as shown in the viewer. I wondered if it happened when I deleted mail on my phone (also iOS) or laptop (OS X) and the iPad didn’t clean up properly after syncing.
    It happens only occasionally, so I’ve forgotten to test the idea.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Happens all the time on my iPad, open mail and it grabs the same one from about a month ago.. then watch the bottom left corner of the screen as all the new mail flood in..

Annoying at a very small level, minor irritant like having a small piece of grit inside my shoes.

If you delete the mail that the app opens on, the frozen one, the problem disappears and mail opens normally..

whitestone
    Free Member

Are you accessing your mail from different devices or moving mail to sub folders? It could be that the various devices aren’t fully synced.

JackHammer

I have this also, will try the tappy thing.

jam-bo

I find using the MS outlook app to solve most problems with the inbuilt mail app. its much betterer.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Mine does the same showing the same old email instead of latest as per settings. Delete the old email and it just goes to another non current one. I’ve deleted the account and re-entered it which corrects it for a short time before reverting back to old emails. Iphone works correctly, only ipad that plays up.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Just switched to Spark for email (both mac and iOS) and it seems so much nicer to use than mail.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a fan of mail for years and It’s better than most but Spark just seems more robust.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Apple Mail App – having to swipe a lot…’ is closed to new replies.