Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Apple macbook keypad replacement, where from?
  • redstripe
    Free Member

I’m sure someone on here does them but can’t remember who, any reminders appreciated – got a 2010 macbook A1278, keyboard not good, some of the keys don’t work anymore, worn I guess. On-line quotes are circa £100 to pick up, replace and return. Is that reasonable or is their a mystery STWer who does them? cheers

geoffj

BigPhilBlackpool used to do iPhone screens – he might do this sort of thing too.

Jamie
    Free Member

wysiwg does iPhones and the like. Not sure if he branches out to Apple’s laptops

Have you tried taking the keys off and cleaning behind them? Usually it’s just crap/dust stuck in the mechanism.

IA

AS per jamie, the keys just prise off. Sure youtube will sort you out. They can get stuck.

There’s a ton of screws, but it’s fundamentally quite easy to get the keyboard off a 2010, look at the iFixit guides, you could just order a replacement part and DIY it?

redstripe
    Free Member

Loads of keys not working, just looked at replacement keyboards, seem to be about £40. Then looked at fitting guides on YouTube, looks pretty fiddly and timeconsuming, don’t mind paying a bit more for someone to do it as I don’t want to cock it up.

Jamie
    Free Member

I sometimes find turning the laptop upside down and giving the keys and damn good seeing to helps.

Let gravity be your copilot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Apple macbook keypad replacement, where from?’ is closed to new replies.