Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • apple mac pricing
  • mrmo
    Free Member

My macbook pro is starting to play up a little, the odd random shut down, battery has seen better days etc. So starting to think about replacing and after 7 years it is now on the unsupported list.

This is a little how long is a piece of string, If the rumours are to be believed there will be a new version in the autumn. However due to the slight volatility on the sterling exchange rate i have a suspicion that there will be a hefty price rise.

Anyone take a educated guess on how much are prices likely to rise? 10%, 20%???? New model, and currency?
    I note that Dell and Lenovo have started the price rises.

rossburton
    Free Member

A 10% bump would be in line with others like Dell. Apple do have a great refurb section on their site…

somouk
    Free Member

It won’t be too much, probably less than 10%.

I would be looking at refurb too if you’re not after anything too specific.

mrmo
    Free Member

i know about the refurbs, i am using one. More a case of do i wait for the newest or just get another refurb…

teasel
    Free Member

If the rumours (or should that be rumors) are to be believed it’s the first big overhaul in a few years. Might be worth the wait, probably not, though the graphics card/heatsink issue with the rMBPs have put me off a purchase until it’s been addressed.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Currently I’d be expecting 10% but the autumn seems a long way away as far as predicting the exchange rate.

shipton47
    Free Member

If your work does cycletoworkscheme you may find that they also do the computer scheme, worth looking at

mrmo
    Free Member

company does do a corporate discount thing.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

It might be cost effective to replace the battery and upgrade to an SSD if it doesn’t have one already. If you can get a few months of better use out of it and see how the prices pan out.
    I bought a replacement battery for my 13″ 2009 MBP a few weeks ago, £40 think. 250Gb SSD’s are about £65.

jambalaya
    Free Member

MacRumors Buyers Guide

Do you know any students / academics ? They’ll get 10% off and probably highly discounted Apple Care too

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘apple mac pricing’ is closed to new replies.