Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • apple issues… redirects
  • daftvader
    Free Member

will be emailing tech, but is anyone else having lots of redirects when on this site?

slowoldman

Which site? I’m not sure if I’ve been redirected.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Get it on my iPhone but not the iPad. At least it stops me using my phone at work.

daftvader
    Free Member

from this website to others… lots of redirects which i shut down by closing the page. haven’t let them go the full course

daftvader
    Free Member

craigxxl … yup iphone

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Bloody annoying when you click on a post to read and can’t go back as I’ve won an iPhone? 👿

daftvader
    Free Member

for me i have a virus warning on my phone… so it seems

jambalaya
    Free Member

@daft virus warning could well be spam – click this link to remove virus etc

mildred

Yes I get this – I emailed STW with the address that it redirects to but got no reply. I seem to get it less now I go into settings/safari/advanced & clear all the data so no websites show any longer. I’m obviously getting some cookie from somewhere, but who knows?

daftvader
    Free Member

jambalaya… i am well aware its spam… just annoying that i can’t use the site on my phone atm…
    mildred… thats what i will do if it helps. cheers

77ric
    Free Member

I’ve been having this issue on this site and a couple of others, it seems to be related to a rogue cookie. A couple of weeks ago I reset safari and the problem disappeared only for it to reappear a few days ago, reset safari again and this time I have installed NeverAds from the App Store, the rouge cookie is obviously related to one of the advertising networks so I guess blocking them will prevent any reoccurrence. It’s only early days but we shall see.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve had this problem on my iPhone, redirecting to a page that tells me I’ve won something and then I can’t get rid. It reached the point where STW was unusable on my phone. I switched off cookies and switched them back on after a few days, and all was fine for a bit, but it’s started up again a couple of days ago.

GrahamS

Not seen it on my iPhone, but I’m also a Premier so it is probably coming from one of the ads I don’t get.

77ric: do you have Ads turned on in your Premier settings?

daftvader
    Free Member

completely unusable on the iphone now… 👿

vickypea
    Free Member

Mr Pea and I subscribe to the magazine but we obviously don’t need 2 copies, so only one of us can be a premier member.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Been getting this for days now.
    Strangely enough – since my Premier ran out….
    iPhone and iPad both the same.
    Totally unusable.

bruneep

Mr Pea and I subscribe to the magazine but we obviously don’t need 2 copies, so only one of us can be a premier member.

Obviously the one who wears the trousers gets the premier login.

*gauntlet thrown down*

jimbobo
    Free Member

Yup, and as I started to write this it redirected! I’m due a software upgrade though so maybe that will help?

77ric
    Free Member

GrahamS: adds are turned off in premier but I’m not always logged in on this site, but I’m not convinced the rouge cookie came from here, I’ve experienced it in a few other sites, Mtbr and bikeradar are but 2. Facebooks built in browser also suffers the problem had to delete the app and re-download.

daftvader
    Free Member

had a chat with tom today, but he cant seem to replicate it… still it must be something if we are all having problems…

nealglover
    Free Member

Weird. I only ever use iPhone for browsing, and I’ve never had this problem.

At least not that I remember, and certainly not recently.

daftvader
    Free Member

it is weird neil… ive never had an issue on the android phones in the past. its only on the iphone and only in the last couple of days…

Mark

I’ve just made a change that might help. Can you report back if it’s still happening?

daftvader
    Free Member

seems to have worked.. thanks mark!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘apple issues… redirects’ is closed to new replies.