Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Apple iPod – coincidence or luddite Dad cock up?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Got my daughter an iPod touch for Christmas, which arrived a few weeks ago. I was having a play about with it and secretly setting it up for her with the wifi in the house. Now I don’t recall setting up the email on it for her, but could have done.

Today, after she’d been on the computer, her email was up and there is one there from Apple titled ‘Welcome to your new iPod touch’. There are a few more since then from Apple about special offers and so on.

Now it’s possible that she’s signed herself up for emails or updates, because she quite regularly has a look on the apple website, but I dare not ask in case she hasn’t and starts thinking about it! I have a horrible suspicion however that I have inadvertently let on what she’s getting for Christmas.

What do you reckon?

deserter
    Free Member

I get emails because I have an itunes account, which uses your email address…….that being said if it says welcome to your new ipod touch I reckon they and her know she has one

thegreatape
    Free Member

She doesn’t have an iTunes account, but it must be from me setting the email up.

legend
    Free Member

If you’ve setup the itunes account in her name with her email address then that’ll be why she’s now getting Apple emails.

Just tell her they’re spam, and try to ignore it till Xmas. Basically, it sounds like you’re busted though!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Change the iTunes email address? Till Xmas.

And next time leave presents alone!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Surprise her by keeping the ipod touch and getting her something completely shite.

It’s a valuable life lesson you are giving her.

njee20
    Free Member

😆

Should’ve left it, surely half the fun is unwrapping it and turning it on on Xmas morning!

luke
    Free Member

What I would do is give her some rubbish gift then leave it as long as possible and then announce you have just discovered an unopened gift. You will upset your daughter a little on christmas day but then when she gets it she will be so happy you will be forgiven.
    I did it with my lad a couple of years ago with a remote control car he was crying for a while before I discovered it especially as it was all he wanted that year and we were hyping it up a bit.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I just thought I’d put some songs on it for her. We’re away for Christmas so she’d just be able to look at it and not use it for the best part of a week.

Anyway, I’ve had another look at it and I hadn’t set the email up on it, she doesn’t have an iTunes account, so it must be coincidence.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Apple iPod – coincidence or luddite Dad cock up?’ is closed to new replies.