Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Apple iPod – coincidence or luddite Dad cock up?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Got my daughter an iPod touch for Christmas, which arrived a few weeks ago. I was having a play about with it and secretly setting it up for her with the wifi in the house. Now I don’t recall setting up the email on it for her, but could have done.

Today, after she’d been on the computer, her email was up and there is one there from Apple titled ‘Welcome to your new iPod touch’. There are a few more since then from Apple about special offers and so on.

Now it’s possible that she’s signed herself up for emails or updates, because she quite regularly has a look on the apple website, but I dare not ask in case she hasn’t and starts thinking about it! I have a horrible suspicion however that I have inadvertently let on what she’s getting for Christmas.

What do you reckon?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Lol

ratherbeintobago

Does she have an Apple ID, and did you set this up on the iPod or sync with iTunes? I suspect that’s how it’s got her email address.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dp

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just had an I phone5 and had similar emails in both accounts set up on it. Busted!!

crankboy
    Free Member

Based solely on your double post I’d go for the luddite dad explanation.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes, I came to the same conclusion crankboy.

No APPLE ID and haven’t syncd it to iTunes yet (need new version). The only thing it could be is her Yahoo! Mail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Apple iPod – coincidence or luddite Dad cock up?’ is closed to new replies.