Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • today's apple iphone announcement
  • rOcKeTdOg

so what's your guess? recall? free case?

are nthey going to fix the next batch or just supply them with a case, i.e. you get to knowingly buy a faulty phone and they just count the cash?

if they do recall how much will that cost them?

will this shake the massive apple following?

Stoner
    Free Member

I think theyre going to announce the appointment of GrahamS as head of PR 😉

brant
    Free Member

I think they're going to say that there's actually no problem at all.

juan
    Free Member

LOL at brant.

rOcKeTdOg

what did Brant post?….i lost signal 😉

maxray
    Free Member

Agreed Brant, I think they will just keep denying it until it goes away 🙂

I cannot imagine that they would recall them, it would be such negative pr and really harm the brand.

Supplying them with a case sounds plausible, they will just start drip feeding the iCase for $99 and then watch as people fight over them and buy them for double on eBay etc!

5lab

the latest iphone update changes the way bars look on your screen so the problem is less obvious (!!!)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

so what's your guess? recall? free case?

If it's about the 'loosing signal' thing, that's already been covered

http://topnews.co.uk/29039-apple-releases-ios-update-fix-iphone-4-death-grip-problem

rOcKeTdOg

so basically it's still rubbish but the phone isn't telling you it's rubbish and they are going to correct it so you know how bad it really is?….awesome

Drac

Probably announcing the iPhone 4 gs

maxray
    Free Member

"…So it is with us and the fanboys. They want to buy our products. They just don’t want to lose face. Like that jury, they want to acquit us. All we need to do is throw them something they can latch on to so they can say, See? Apple recognized the problem and fixed it right away, what an awesome company, always looking out for customers, blah blah. So, as far as the Apple faithful are concerned, we’re done and done."

😀

I am so glad we’ve fixed this reception non-issue

uplink
    Free Member

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1938055

probably not good for work

bruneep
    rOcKeTdOg

there really are loads and loads of these technotarded people, and you know what? They are by far our best and biggest customers. Our whole business model is based on selling to them.

So take that, blog commenters. You can debate and argue 24-7 on this external antenna and the Anandtech investigation and how many dBs of attenuation you can get when you wrap an iPhone 4 in latex and shove it halfway up your butts. Have fun! Go wild! Knock yourselves out. But by Tuesday, when all the regular folks come back from the long weekend of cookouts and hanging out on the beach, this non-issue will have been eliminated by our non-repair, just wait and see.

😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

I think they're going to say that there's actually no problem at all.

i'd agree with that!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I heard it's some sort of iHand, on a stick. Ensures the phone is always held correctly.

cranberry
    Free Member

Very funny, but a little bit sweary:

I want an iPhone!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I hate apple, I have a jesusphone4, I often use the phone left handed, I've not experienced the issue, perhaps it only affects those who get sweaty palms when handling apple products? Apple will deny it, they always do! (it is the best smartphone on the market atm though.)

Jamie
    Free Member

While I do not have a iPhone 4 I know several people who do, and they all seem to find the phone works fine. I am assuming that yes there is an issue with the phone, but it its being blown up, as usual, by a vocal minority. Remember, its the internet and people love to complain.

So with this in mind I am going for:

Software Patch, free bumper and the continuation of being able to return the phone if you're still not happy.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but it its being blown up, as usual, by a vocal minority

or, perhaps most of those who've bought one just use it to look at pictures and don't know anyone to call ?

GrahamS

I think theyre going to announce the
    appointment of GrahamS as head of PR

I'll take that job. God knows they need someone who realises that pissing off customers, telling them they are "holding it wrong" and being caught in fairly obvious mistruths is not really very good PR.

I think this guys prediction is pretty much spot on:
    http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/iphone-therefore-iblog/2010/07/steve-jobs-news-conference-exactly-in-10-steps.html

Initial bluster, talk about software fix, free bumpers for existing customers, black shirt, jeans.

Very funny, but a little bit sweary:
    I want an iPhone!

Just gets funnier every time someone posts it. Which is 3 times today so far.

Does anyone even notice it is comparing the iPhone 4 to an HTC Evo, which does look lovely, but last I heard isn't available in this country and isn't compatible with our networks.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

They are going to order all i-phone customers to walk into the sea wearing concrete boots just to prove how brainwashed they all are…

I can't believe how much they've hyped a small announcement…

GrahamS

I can't believe how much they've hyped a small
    announcement…

As my new role as head of PR I have to point out that Apple haven't hyped the announcement at all. They told the press yesterday that there would be a short press conference today to talk about the iPhone 4 issue. The apple.com site doesn't even mention it.

It's the meeeja that have hyped it in the same way they have hyped the whole story.

I blame fatcha.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

So you think the media just "found out" about this?

Apple would have put a massive effort into rolling out a press release/announcement to all the press. It didn't just happen – it's a concerted and well managed effort.

It's what Apple does – hype the hell out of everything.

GrahamS

Good point. Clearly they a "teh evils" for telling the press when and where they plan to hold a press conference.

Obviously they should have held it in secret, with no one there. 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The problem isn't the phone, it's the sulky arrogance (and I should know about such things!) that Jobs has stamped on the whole company – leading many to look for the slightest fault as a means of getting back at them 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Obviously they should have held it in secret, with no one there.

or phoned someone about it……right handed of course

GrahamS

sfb: +1

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

that Apple haven't hyped the announcement at all.

Graham – you are getting very forgetful? Are you over 60?

How is alerting all the World's major media to a mere "announcement" not hyping at all?

GrahamS

You know who I hate: Toyota.

They made several announcements when they had issues with the brakes on their cars. And they told the world's major media when the announcements would be. Hyping bastards.

And there's BP. They're just as bad. Hyping up that oil spill and then having big press conferences so they could hype it even further.

🙄

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

You really don't "get" media and PR do you Graham?

I do and that is why we have a number of big names as clients to our PR company 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

so whats the announcement about and when is it happening?

avdave2

Apple will admit there is a problem with something they have made and this will be followed by an announcement from the Vatican that they've just checked and after all there really is no God.

GrahamS

So in your professional opinion Apple are deliberately hyping and drawing as much attention as they can to this announcement because they are keen for the world to know that they cocked up?

Or do you have a different analysis?

How would your crack team have handled it?

It's been a PR disaster for Apple so far. No doubt they are hoping that whatever they announce today will help restore some credibility, but it's hardly hype. Like I said it isn't even mentioned on the Apple website.

If you want to see hype look back at the months and months of coverage and excited fanboi speculation they generate before a new iPhone model or any keynote speech. That is the Apple hype machine in action. This is nothing by comparison.

jam-bo

the haters that do the "OMG APPLE ARE FIXING 5 BARS EVERYWHERE!!!!" clearly don't understand the problem.

4.01 firmware that came out last night shows LESS signal bars in some places but its being a bit more realistic. it will show a signal drop if I hold my phone in a really unnatural position but I haven't dropped any calls.

best news for me is the 4.1 beta has finally got full AVCRP bluetooth support. its bugged me for ages that it wont work probably with my headphones or car stereo.

johnners
    Free Member

I do and that is why we have a number of big names as clients to our PR company

You're really great.

I bet you drive a really nice car, but don't feel the need to go on about it.

avdave2

I do and that is why we have a number of big names as clients to our PR company

A PR expert who represents himself has a fool for a client. Not doing much of a job of selling yourself there, however I reckon johnners is a man of remarkable insight. 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

by talking about it on here, isn't everyone also adding to the PR? including me, in that last sentence, and this one.

rOcKeTdOg

he haters that do the "OMG APPLE ARE FIXING 5 BARS EVERYWHERE!!!!" clearly don't understand the problem.
    I understand that apple have sold and continue to sell a faulty product, what I don't understand is how gullible people can be to have one even though they know its faulty

Jamie
    Free Member

Surf-Mat:
    I do and that is why we have a number of big names as clients to our PR company.

You're so awesome! *swoon*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘today's apple iphone announcement’ is closed to new replies.