• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by sp.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Apple iMac – vertical lines appearing on the screen – help please!
  • superlight
    Free Member

I have a first gen '06 Intel iMac with an increasing number of vertical lines appearing on the monitor – currently up to 10.

I see there is a mass of forum discussion on this problem on the internet, but does anyone from the UK have recent experience of resolving this problem?

If I contact Apple Care will they help or just tell me it's out of warranty? If I take it in and have to pay for repairs – what sort of cost?

Advice from anyone who has had this problem would be greatly appreciated…

tails
    Free Member

Should have bought a PC. Well as it's out of warranty your unlikely to get help that route.

Saying that you can still book a meeting with an apple genius if your near one of the shops, who should be able to tell you what the problem is and give you a price for fixing it.

There are some good websites such as ifixit/macfixit which can show you through most repairs as that'll be cheaper or there are often guides on youtube. hope that helps.

sp
    Free Member

I'm sorry to say but I believe this is going to be a issue with the inverter or the actual LCD panel, do as tails says. Good luck

also look here Apple

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Apple iMac – vertical lines appearing on the screen – help please!’ is closed to new replies.