Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Apple Help
  • cchris2lou

We bought 2 Ipod for the kids and we already have an ipad . all are linked to the same i tune account

we have been messing about with imessage this morning , but all the messages are coming from the same email adress , the one registered with the itune account .

how can i set it up so that the messages come from each individual device ?

thanks

kiwijohn

Set up new accounts.

cchris2lou

Yes but the idea to have them on same account is that they can share the music and games etc…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well if thats how you want to do it imessage wont work . Try whatsapp or something for same funtionality

jam-bo

Well if thats how you want to do it imessage wont work . Try whatsapp or something for same funtionality

Yes it will

Settings> messages > send and receive address

Add/remove emails and phone numbers as required

trail_rat
    Free Member

Interesting as when i add/delete from that it does the same on all my devices associated to my apple id

Admittedly that could be due to another setting 🙂

cchris2lou

I tried that but doesnt make difference .
    Might have to go to apple shop .

Thanks for help .

jam-bo

Yep. Add all the addresses to the apple account and then disable/enable them on the individual devices.

Works for me and mrs.

cchris2lou

So i need to create some enmail adress for the kids , add them to apple account .

jam-bo

I think so. I don’t get my wife’s messages. Just the invoices for the shit albums she buys on iTunes…

Rickos
    Free Member

Wot jam bo says. I’ve done that to use facetime with the family when away with work.

cchris2lou

Yep , seems to be working now . Just leave the one email you want to use , that is where i went wrong earlier .

theotherjonv

Wife has been researching the same on the support forum at apple.com and it appears you can use one apple ID for icloud and another for store purchases.

Google “apple ID for kids using parent account” and you should find the thread on the apple forum.

geoffj

jam bo – Member
    I think so. I don’t get my wife’s messages. Just the invoices for the shit albums she buys on iTunes…
    POSTED 11 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Sounds familiar

CountZero

Lol at geoffj!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just make sure they can’t buy s**t without telling you though!!
    Bloke I used to work with took a while to find where the £100 apple item on his CC bill came from (son repayed slowly)

bigG
    Free Member

It’s ok to leave them all connected to one iTunes account.

On each device, you want to go into settings, messages, send and receive, then deselect where you don’t want the messages to go. Worked for me when setting up three iPhones and two iPads that were all getting each others messages

If this doesn’t work, then I’m out of ideas and will have another whisky from one of the several bottles Santa delivered

cchris2lou

all working fine .

they managed to send 100s of crap messages .

they dont know the apple password to download stuff . they need to ask for it .

sharkbait
    Free Member

I don’t see what’s wrong with setting up individual accounts for each iPod….. You can still share music etc.

grantway
    Free Member

Simple use icloud

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Apple Help’ is closed to new replies.