Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Apple font experts please could you help?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi, I use Mac Pages and I would like to find a font that looks like it was written on a mobile phone. I have found one called Syncro LET but it is only available in capitals. Does anyone know of a mobile phone style font, a free one that I could add, and if so how?

Many thanks!

Simon

BluePalomino
    Free Member

not sure what you mean by "looks like it was written on a mobile phone" but Google's Droid font is free. It's the font used on Android mobiles.

simonralli2
    Free Member

What I am doing is writing a story, and this contains a small number of text messages. I am writing using the Times font, but I want to include the actual text messages as an indented paragraph, and I want them to use the same font that is for example used on a lower end Nokia mobile phone. Does that make sense?

I have tried to google but not got anywhere.

Cheers

_tom_
    Free Member

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=302 ?

Dunno if any of those will work on an apple, mind.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Thanks for the link. Yes you can download those fonts for Mac. Having played around, I do not think they work too well in a small font size, they seem better suited to large headlines or for posters etc.

One thing that was quite strange though. In that little list of used fonts, i.e. fonts you have already used in your document, a new one suddenly appeared called Trebuchet MS. As far as I am aware, I had never seen it before, but amazingly enough it is not too far off my Sony Ericsson, so I am going with that for now.

Cougar

I think perhaps what you're looking for is a "seven segment display" truetype font, if that helps your googling any?

Bez

Seven segment displays to give the feel of SMS?

That's almost as anachronistic as painting a picture of a stegosaurus in a shopping centre 🙂

Cougar

Arf (-:

I'm not sure there's a 'standard' font for SMS, is all. That was the closest I could think of to being obviously LCD-generated, but you're right, even my first phone wasn't that archaic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Apple font experts please could you help?’ is closed to new replies.