Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Apple fans – remember
  • deadlyhifi
    Free Member

peteimpreza

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can I remind you of this when you next install anti-virus software, you get a virus, your PC gets hacked because of holes in IE or the 1001 other things that happen to PCs?

aP
    Free Member

Shouldn’t you be out polishing your Audi?

deadlyhifi
    Free Member

no need to remind me, I’m mac through and through!

peteimpreza

I wish our IT director was. Stuck at work on me own trying to be productive on a piece of shite windoze based laptop that can barely run Excel never mind SAP. 🙁

aleigh
    Free Member

you forgot to sign your message off ‘from petes iphone’ ;o)

peteimpreza

Thats because its not sent from my iPhone dummy 😀

How is your new iPod Nano?

GrahamS

I got an iPhone for Christmas. Very lovely.

But imagine my surprise when I discovered that it refuses to work with the wall charger that we bought for my wife’s iPod Touch. It complains that “This accessory is not made for iPhone”

So I can only use the charger supplied in the box which presumably outputs Apple sanctified electricity.

aleigh
    Free Member

I know Pete 😆

Yeah its good thanks but now I know how to work it Iím bored so am buying gadgets to go with it!

Got my arm band last night so will go out for a run with it this afternoon. I suspect the earphones will fall out as they are pretty rubbish but this will only be temporary as Iíve got some decent ones on order thankfully 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I have to use both Mac and PC, and have to say, I much prefer Macs. Built better, the operating system is better, and the software is far more reliable. With my PC, I cross my fingers and pray that it’ll work. PCs require far more knowledge of computers, to keep them running well. I have actually been in tears with my PC, the useless bloody thing. Don’t get me started.

Aleigh, what colour Nano have you got? I told myself, I don’t need one at all, but someone recently showed me their blue one, and I just thought ‘ooh, pretty!’.

Granted, Apple have definitely moved right into the electronic lifestyle arena. But you can’t deny that they do things really well.

Mind you, you can do this, with a PC:

sofatester
    Free Member

I want one!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah! here’s one that is actually a Mac! Built in webcam and everything!

Hmm, will any work be done today? Probably not.

aleigh
    Free Member

Mine is black, not very original but I know if I’d have chosen a colourful one I’d hate it if it clashed with my clothing – it’s an aleigh thing! 😉

mboy
    Free Member

aleigh – Member

Mine is black, not very original but I know if I’d have chosen a colourful one I’d hate it if it clashed with my clothing – it’s an aleigh thing! 😉

What you mean to say is that you’re female! 😉

Says the guy that can’t have coloured bike bits for fear of clashing! 🙄

rottwiler
    Free Member

where do you get the r2d2 one from i want one of those

z1ppy

http://www.nikkor2d2.com/ I want the webcam!

Cheap as chips (£300 off!)

pk-ripper
    Free Member

interestingly, primarily those that slate PC’s or have problems with them are Mac users.

All mine have always worked fine, done what I needed to do (whether that be calculation / graphic / game intensive stuff), remained virus free, and lasted a decent length of time. I’ve used Macs too. They’re also good, but not noticeably better for what I (and the majority of people) use them for.

Still, if the mac users want to be all cliquey and superior, fine. But remember, you’ve had those **** mitchell and webb advertising it with cliche after cliche – thank god pcs haven’t been subjected to that!

aP
    Free Member

I’ve used (not taken apart or programmed or “IT”-ed) macs and pc’s since the late 80s and they’ve all worked, they’re tools for the job. I have a macbook currently which works as did the samsung x10 which preceded it.
    errmmm….. that’s it really.

z1ppy

there some good paradies about the mac/pc/linus advert… though you obviously haven’t seen the “i’m a pc” advert doing the rounds at the moment.

Not that I’m defending mac – the local repair agent has some may in to be fixed they wouldn’t accept my m8’s due to thww back log – mac’s are ace ain’t eh?

To be fair I got the mac working whilst trying to figure out the issue (took one look inside and put it back together quickly – how that can be descibed as “better built” is beyond me) and I did enjoy messing with it, but only as a novelty.
    Any linus pc would behave the same way….. and be about as well supported.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

interestingly, primarily those that slate PC’s or have problems with them are Mac users.

Don’t think that it is that interesting to be honest, lots of people who slate something, or have problems with it, use an alternative now. Just the way people are. I just like having a choice.

Oh, and you have had Steve Ballmer, thank god we have not been subjected to that 🙂

(declaration of interest, this is being typed on an old iBook but may later be reviewed on an IBM ThinkPad, or Compaq Armada, but nothing running Linux)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Re R2D2 projector thingy and webcam:

OH

MY

GOD.

That, as today’s kids might say, is ‘sick’.

(Runs off to sell a kidney…)

Re Mac V PC: tools for the job. Some tools are better than others. Most of the students I teach, use Mac laptops. The ones with PC lappys quite often have problems. Sadly, they’ve occasionally lost a whole lesson, because their machines just won’t work. None of the Mac users have had any problems. Running the same software. With the PCs, we’ve had driver issues, graphics card issues, and sudden lack of ability of the machine to respond to commands. The PCs seem to need at least twice as much RAM to run as smoothly as the Macs.

This is my experience of working with both platforms.

Re Build Quality: I don’t know what Mac you’ve looked in, but have you seen the inside of a Mac Pro? Find me a PC that is so well thought out, and put together. And quiet, without modification. I’m sitting here, in a quiet room, and all I can hear is avery faint hum. My PC sounded like a hoover on full power, until I installed an expensive, ‘super-quiet’ fan, and it’s still a good bit louder.

Mac Pro: 2 years old; never crashed or had any serious issue.
    PC: Younger, had new PSU, Graphics card, CPU cooler fan to replace failed units. Had to have 3 major re-installs. Still get things like USB ports not working intermittently, new devices failing to mount, sudden shut-down for no apparent reason.

None of this is slave allegiance, or ‘fanboi-ism’. It’s just my experience and opinion.

peteimpreza

Thank you RudeBoy, I could not have put it better myself. Your experiences mirror mine. 8)

mboy
    Free Member

peteimpreza – Member

Thank you RudeBoy, I could not have put it better myself. Your experiences mirror mine. 8)

And mine!

I’m no fanboi, but it just has to be said that Mac’s do *most* things better than a PC, and significantly more reliably.

Sure, you pay a premium for that, but I’d expect to quite frankly! Of course that doesn’t stop me wishing that Apple will license OSX in the near future for 3rd party hardware manufacturers to use on their machines.

*I say most, cos I’m not going to argue that Mac’s are better for games than PC’s, they’re clearly not, but then most people I know don’t play games on their computers. Those that do play games generally have a dedicated console.

mogrim

As soon as Apple licenses OSX you’ll get exactly the same issues you get with PCs – only by limiting the hardware OSX runs on can Apple reliably test their hardware, which is critical to mainting their reputation for reliability.

epicyclo

When I worked in the IT world, I used to do work with my Mac, and work on PCs so the could be used to work with..

XP removed most of my objections to PCs. Windows has a harder job to do because there is no Microsoft control over hardware permutations. Mac produces both OS and the hardware, so it’s guaranteed to work.

If it’s my money, I’ll buy Mac any day because they just work as they should. I don’t care what/who the fanboys of either sect are worshipping.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, I hope they bloody don’t! I can’t see as how that would be as profitable as supplying their own hardware, tbh. They tried that in the 90s, and the resulting mess was really bad.

Problem with the PC market is; too many manufacturers competing in an incredibly tough market. So corners are cut, leading to shoddy hardware, and buggy, unreliable software. And such is the demand for new stuff, that even Microsoft rush products out before they’re propperly tested (Vista, anyone??).

I hope to God Apple doesn’t go that way.

aleigh
    Free Member

What you mean to say is that you’re female!

Says the guy that can’t have coloured bike bits for fear of clashing!

…….Well I was going to say that but didn’t want the other ladies to be offended! I do think I am unique in many ways though and I am a bit anal when it comes to colours clashing. And yes, the colour thing extends to bike stuff as well I’m afraid 😀

mboy
    Free Member

…….Well I was going to say that but didn’t want the other ladies to be offended! I do think I am unique in many ways though and I am a bit anal when it comes to colours clashing. And yes, the colour thing extends to bike stuff as well I’m afraid 😀

Now’s probably not a good time to admit I binge on Ice Cream and chocolate all too often then 😕

That and I’ve colour coordinated the saddle, grips and pedals on my new bike (all of them white) to contrast (but not clash) against the black bars/stem and seatpost, with a silver frame.

Another reason to get a Mac too, they go with everything! Unlike my PC which of course clashes terribly 😛

mogrim

Unlike my PC which of course clashes terribly

I bought my wife a netbook for christmas, it’s black. Black goes with everything. Macs are silver, so last century!

Flaperon

Bought a MacBook shortly before Christmas after many years of laughing at Apple users. Wish I’d done it a lot sooner – the OS is simply brilliant, everything works, and it’s shiny and polished (inside and out).

Can’t recommend it enough. (I never thought I’d hear myself say those words…)

mogrim

Speaking of Microsoft:
    Why don’t they try to come up with their own ideas, instead of nicking Apple’s, and doing it really badly?

My iPod Nano’s crashed a couple of times, I had to wait for the battery to run out before being able to use it…

Apart from that it’s a nice piece of hardware, pity about the software…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

mogrim- are you using it with a PC? I’ve heard a few peoplewho use iPods with PCs, complain of having problems. Sometimes, it’s because of conflicts with different media player applications on a PC, that can create issues.

I must confess, I actually have an Archos MP3 player, which I hardly use anyway, and my ‘phone, which requires a PC to run the software. A tiny little iPod would be nice, but superfluous to needs.

Some of the ‘other’ MP3 players are much better value for money than some of Apples, and work perfectly well, even on Macs. But a Mac, with an iPod is the nicest and simplest solution. Apple look at something, iron out all the creases, and get it to work just right. That’s the difference, I find.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Apple fans – remember’ is closed to new replies.