Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Apple 1st gen Nano recall, swapped for a 6th Gen Free!
  • ski
    Free Member

I know its been posted on here, but thought I would give it another heads up, just in case anyone here still has a old Nano 1st gen knocking about.

Apple have a recall on the 1st Gen Nano something to do with the battery overheating, recal link here:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/

Anyway, sent mine off last week and just had this beauty came in the post today for free, a 6th Gen Nano, I thought they were only replcacing them for like for like!

Not bad for a 9 year old product!

Thank you Apple

Rochey
    Free Member

Result.

chipps

I still have one – though it was engraved, so I’m not as keen to get rid of it…

johndoh
    Free Member

Which is better service than I had from them recently – *brand new* Air, picture via Thunderbolt > HDMI appalling (well documented issue now I look around) and they tried to fob me off with taking it myself to my nearest Apple Repair Centre – some 20 miles away.

I didn’t really want to send it back for swap as we had already installed software and linked it to the work network because *they wouldn’t guarantee* that the replacement would work!

Eventually (after two calls, various repeat testing of kit and about 2 hours wasted time I got £60 discount). Now I have ordered a Thunderbolt > DVI-D cable instead and getting by at the moment with a Frankenstein of cables to the D-Sub input.

EDIT – I did get the replacement Nano earlier this year though – which reminds me, I must Ebay it soon.

njee20
    Free Member

They replaced my non working 1st Gen, I was chuffed! Shame the radio is so rubbish on the Nano, was enjoying a bit more variety on rides!

ski
    Free Member

Its got a radio!!!

Sneaks off to have a proper gander……….

😉

globalti
    Free Member

I got mine swopped but the battery life is terrible so I gave it to my son and got his 3rd gen Nano in exchange, which is much better.

transapp
    Free Member

posting just so I remember when I get home later

jfletch
    Free Member

Stupid 2nd generation nano!

atlaz
    Free Member

I did mine in about March. Sits in my glovebox permanently plugged into the car now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Apple 1st gen Nano recall, swapped for a 6th Gen Free!’ is closed to new replies.