Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • appetite suppressants.
  • andybrad

Ok folks, does anyone have any experience with appetite suppressants? some time ago i was a lot fitter than i am now and i put this down to the fact that i got over my random feeding on biscuits. I put most of this down to someone at work giving me some dexaprine. I cut down on the coffee and it allowed me to go most of the day on 2 meals.

Id like to try again to loose some weight (then stop and carry on with my diet, its got a bit silly recently) but it did make me feel jittery and i dont need all this thermo burning stuff. So can anyone recommend something to stop me feeding? willpower just doesnt work unfortunately. i substituted food with drink and now im at the loo every 15 mins which isnt good either.

any suggestions?

jam-bo

speed?

docrobster
    Free Member

Willpower

mrblobby
    Free Member

Fags?

woody2000

Didn’t dexaprine kill that marathon runner a while ago?! It has to be willpower really, you have to want to not be a fatty 🙂

Take a picture of yourself naked, stick it in your wallet. Every time you want a biscuit, open your wallet and take a look. It’ll make you feel sick, then you won’t want the biscuit 🙂

SaxonRider

‘Everybody is always commenting on how bad cigarettes are for your health, but they never mention how good they are for weight loss,’
    said a friend who gave up smoking and got fat. 😆

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

will power just doesnt work unfortunately.

Unless you’re intending on taking appetite suppressants for the rest of your life it’s going to have to work at some point. Even if you get back down to a weight you’re happy with, come off of the suppressants and go back to eating the same way you’ll end up in the same position as you are now.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

willpower just doesnt work unfortunately

Willpower is the only thing that does work. Anything else you are just looking for an excuse to continue.

it allowed me to go most of the day on 2 meals.

Have you actually thought about eating little and often? But instead of biscuits something healthy?? Eating only 2 meals a day is going to slow matabolism, and make you crave eating sh!t

MTFU and take control yourself.

creamegg
    Free Member

It does, you just don’t have any. Man up and stop looking for the easy way out

bombjack
    Free Member

Man up and stop looking for the easy way out

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPb7g_BlXQ[/video]
    THIS

craigxxl
    Free Member

Proteins leave you feeling fuller for longer. Water fills you up too but what goes in must come out so more frequent trips to the loo.

Eat three meals a day and a few healthy snacks (nuts, seeds and fruit) in between if hungary. Skipping meals doesn’t work

trail_rat
    Free Member

2 meals a day is not healthy.

Little an often does work – with the added bonus of not making you post meal lethargic and keeping you always full.

Eating clean little and often lets you break that habit of stuffingyour face with biscuits as eating clean little and often you have to be eating quite often as the fibre that often bulks out a clean diet is bulky and not calorie dense 😀

that said i once lost a stone eating marsbars and drinking coke for a month…..- because thats not healthy either, but it was better than the other option – trust me on that :d

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Appetite supressants? I never even knew such a thing existed (unless you class chocolate as one?).

I’d have thought the last thing you want to be doing is shoving stuff inside your body to trick it into thinking you’re not actually hungry???

rocketman
    Free Member

you Dave at work aicmfp

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Easy answer – dont buy the biscuit’s and crap in the first place. No temptation then also saves you money.

3 Tips at no cost:

Dont buy any processed foods

Eat little and often – right foods

Exercise

Remember, you cant eat yourself it

Rorschach
    Free Member

Donuts…..half a dozen and I lose all interest in eating for a couple of hours.

johndoh
    Free Member

Skipping meals doesn’t work

It does for me – I eat morning and night and just a very light snack at work (an orange and a packet of baked crisps is usual) and I have lost 8kg (76kg down to 68kg).

Why on earth not? Eat when you are hungry, not when convention tells you to eat.

johndoh
    Free Member

Remember, you cant eat yourself it

I’ve seen things on the interweb that suggest otherwise…

trail_rat
    Free Member

a number of reasons but namely your slowing your metabolism.

If we are playing anecdotes

eating clean and often combined with exercise ive dropped 16lbs this month.

the key to it is not stuffing your self at every opportunity but to graze on quality foods.

And on contrary to pawsybear ive always maintained the key to good performance begins in the kitchen.

this changes if you just want to be sedantary “thin” though – although remember the number on the scale being low doesnt mean your healthy/fit.

johndoh
    Free Member

eating clean and often combined with exercise ive dropped 16lbs this month.

Christ on a bike – how heavy were you if you can lose that in a month? I would counter that dropping such a large amount of weight so quickly is less healthy than skipping meals!

jambalaya
    Free Member

What has worked for me. Excersize before/during lunch. Drink lots of water before meal times. I get “jittery” too and its best to have some snacks, nits (not covered in stuff), fruit (apples) or vegetables (carrots) to nibble on.

Aside from the normal eat less / move more advice I would add try and eat the minimum (ideally zero) pre-prepared foods/”meals”

Good luck.

BillMC

More sleep aids weight loss.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its not how heavy i was its how sedentary i was before….- and thats being honest with my self – not kidding my self that 6 miles bimbling round some lanes is a ride.

i spent a 18months doing a stoner building a land rover and not eating healthy – often skipping meals because i wasnt “hungry” or exercising – i gained 2st

so i started eating healthy, often and moving more ….. the weight dropped off because of that + the regain in muscle mass has upped my metabolism so im losing the weight even quicker now…..

andybrad

So no one with any information on what im after then?

im just needing to get back into the healthy eating which means cutting out the crap which i find very difficult. Once im on the healthy route its fine but its getting on it i cant do.

Been there before all that.

teasel
    Free Member

All my adult life has been spent eating one meal a day unless I have a long and very active day ahead and then it’s just a snack in the afternoon – possibly fruit. I’ve weighed between 9 and 15 stone, with the difference being food type and portion size. (Edit : And activity, obviously)

Changing the way you think about food is key to weight loss. Enjoy shrinking your stomach or at least accept it’ll hurt for a while and marvel at the small amounts of food it takes to make you feel you’ve eaten enough.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“im just needing to get back into the healthy eating which means cutting out the crap which i find very difficult. Once im on the healthy route its fine but its getting on it i cant do.”

Seriously – who does the shopping ? – write a list and stick to it – as above – if you dont buy the shite you cant eat it.

Use Myfitnesspal – the act of having to log something and the effect on your total makes you think about if you really need to eat it – but it also highlights if your eating to much or to little.

Dont get hung up if you find your self needing a sweet treat now and again – i still enjoy a bar of chocolate now and again.

make your lunch for work the night before and take a stock of apples/pears/bananas or any other easy to eat hand fruit – dont take any cash with you – thus you cant use the vending machines.

On the whole as a population we consume far too much – ive said it before and been ridiculed but we could achieve a lot just by buying smaller crockery.

hilldodger
    Free Member

The only chemical supplements (legal) that I’ve seen any positive evidence for are 5HTP and HCA, do your own googling, read up and make your choice.
    Personally I’d go for a double dose of MTFU – cut the crap and hit the gym

creamegg
    Free Member

ive said it before and been ridiculed but we could achieve a lot just by buying smaller crockery.

this would mean more washing up 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just take a look at the contents of a Greggs pie or pastie or meat slice, Shirley that’s an appetite suppressant right there.

johndoh
    Free Member

we could achieve a lot just by buying smaller crockery.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Eat more protein and less carbs. If you have sh!t willpower put biscuits out of reach.

I have a snack box of the following a day for my desk at work.

Carrot sticks
    Cut up pepper
    Broccoli (Raw, yes, its fine)
    Radish
    Blueberries (or sometomes raspberries or strawberries)

Nibble at that through the day. Plus make sure you’re drinking enough water. Sometimes that hunger is thirst as mad as it sounds.

A standard day for me is;

Breakfast is a protein shake of;
    Spinach
    Blueberries
    Protein Powder (Whey)
    Nuts
    Coconut Water

If its a gym day or a day I am riding hard after work (I cycle commute everyday) I will put a portion of porddige oats in

Snack (As above) with an apple and banana too.

Lunch

Salad ranging from chicken to feta to ham

Tea

A decent meal with fresh veg!

I have one cup of tea a day and then have green tea. At the weekend I will have a couple of cups of decent coffee.

Just be sensible. An appetite suppressant because you’re eating too many biscuits aint gonna help.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

have some snacks, nits (not covered in stuff), fruit (apples) or vegetables (carrots) to nibble on.

Do you pick your own nits or buddy up with a colleague at lunchtime ?

teasel
    Free Member

Greggs… that’s an appetite suppressant right there.

🙂

For me just a whiff of the place from a distance is enough…

cokie

Small rant- not got much time at the moment;

1. Will power is everything- dieting/a diet is a lifestyle, not a short term win. You’ll find that as soon as you stop the suppressants/fasting/starving/torture you’ll pile on the pounds. You put your body into starvation mode and as soon as food becomes available it stores it in case you starve again.

2. Drink more water- you’ll be surprised how much it fills you up. It’s also great for your skin and health in general.

3. Lay off anything processed and refined- any processed white carbs and anything that’s gone through a factory .

4. Portion control- you know that big plate that the Mrs has? Flip it upside down. Your portion should only be as big as the little circle that rests on the table. This in turn will make you eat more often.

5. Move more- weight loss is aided hugely by exercise. It increases heart rate and metabolism.

6. Sleep more- again very important. Your body recovers during sleep, among other things.

7. Little and often- yes, you can eat 1 meal a day and lose weight, but all you’re doing is starving yourself (see point 1). It also aids metabolism keeping yourself constantly stocked.

8. Eat more green stuff (and fruit/veg)- You know that huge pile of mash and 2 salad leaves? Swap it over. Eat lots of green stuff. It’s guilt free, fills you up and contains important vitamins and minerals.

9. Use apps- I’ve had clients/friends/family get great results using apps. It helps you monitor your consumption and exercise. You’ll probably frighten yourself with home many calories/fats/carbs certain foods contains (biscuits, smoothies, ice cream, sorbet).

10. WILL POWER- you need this. I can’t emphasise this enough. You can out eat any suppressants. The ‘speed’ stuff contains disgusting amounts of caffeine. This will impact your sleep, digestive system and you’ll just be dossing up and up when it starts to wear off. It’s a drug. Drugs are bad, m’kay?
    I’ve got a million and one other bits of advice and hundreds of hints & tips that could help you, but it will be useless if you don’t have the will power and are relying on drugs.

Also, ‘Remember, you cant eat yourself fit’- you really really can. Those ripped guys on the cover of Mens Health look like that primarily because of diet. It’s 70% diet and 30% exercise. It’s impossible to out exercise a bad diet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Some visuals of the advice given on here…..

and a light bit of reading.

https://recipeland.com/news/adults-eat-almost-everything-th-605

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll offer up Sushi.

No, not throw up Sushi 🙄

Have you tried it? It has all the nutrients you need, and the portions too (I’m thinking ITSU here), so it kinda takes out all the “thinking” about food and what to put together..

And don’t be tempted to shuv it in the microwave to warm it up either.. 😆

Cougar

It’s ok to be hungry. You probably won’t die.

It takes a while for your brain to get the message that it’s sated – something like 30 mins IIRC – so if you eat till you’re full you’re eating too much. Eat less, and wait half an hour before seeing if you still need to eat the rest of what you’d normally have eaten.

Find something else to do with your hands that isn’t sticking things in your mouth. Detail left as an exercise for the reader.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

No such thing as a safe effective appetite suppressant, there is a reason why you have to get them off mates, or from rather dodgy Docs in the private sector.

You need to alter your relationship with food, and stop looking for quick fixes, as they don’t last.

If I locked you in a room with 1200 kCal a day and an exercise bike, you’d lose weight.

Cougar

Unless you ate the bike.

andybrad

lol

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘appetite suppressants.’ is closed to new replies.