Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Apparently I'am a MUPPET
  • squiff
    Free Member

THANKS 😆

turin
    Free Member

Wich one of the muppets are you? 😀

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9THwnQg-vEw[/video]

squiff
    Free Member

The big blue one in the video above 😀

dooosuk
    Free Member

You’d be a lot more if you’d walked out of a shop having given them 4% less than the price ticketed stated 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

You’d be a lot more if you’d walked out of a shop having given them 4% less than the price ticketed stated

He didn’t though, did he? PP took the 4% and the seller received 4% less.

OP I can offer you a one off Paypal user course, at a very reasonable cost, I’ll send you my bank details for payment. 😀

dooosuk
    Free Member

He didn’t though, did he? PP took the 4% and the seller received 4% less.

Not that it matters to me…but I’d argue he did as he chose a payment method a) that the seller didnt state they accepted and b) that he knew would result in the seller getting less than he’d actually asked for.

But it’s nowt to do with me so I’m disappearing now 🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

WHy not use the handy paypal fees calculator to work out what is paid minus the cost to either cover the 4% if you are feeling generous.

Just be glad it’s not Western Union they charge about 40 quid

squiff
    Free Member

To clear all this up I went through my business paypal and chose a different way of paying to the norm. As I was paying, it never said that neither me or the seller would get charged by paypal so I guess as it was my business paypal account the £40 I sent would be received by the seller.

Anyway as a muppet i will use my £1.60 (paypal fee) to seek counselling

matchstick
    Free Member

squiff, since you owned up about this 🙄

Can you explain why you didnt follow my instruction on my for sale page and my email, if you werent happy with it, why go ahead buying it? You didnt reply back my emails and never let me know when they have arrived as asked on previous message, I have sold 4 others stuff to members here, all of them were good using ‘gift’ and let me know when arrived.

It’s because you didnt get it the knock down price you wanted and make me pay the fee?

collinstiffee
    Free Member

how much are we talking about here? because unless you are talking about a couple of K it’s not really worth the grief is it?

I recently had a similar transaction, which went swimmingly, but if you don’t know the person and have been burned in the past (financially, not actually) you might be reluctant to just hand over the cash. Personally, If I were of a mind to want that extra “protection” I’d let the person know that I wouldn’t use the gift option and that I would add the 4% to the price for my peace of mind. Companies do it all the time for card transactions.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Are my services required?

transporter13
    Free Member

Apparently ? 8)

DezB
    Free Member

how much are we talking about here?

£1.60

that squiff is a danger to all.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

The public muppet tags maybe a bit OT.

I can understand the sellers frustration though if the buyer makes up his own rules and then ignores all emails. The amount of money is irrelevant.

DezB
    Free Member

..if the buyer flouts rules of the seller who is flouting the rules of Paypal..

breatheeasy
    Free Member

You’d be a lot more if you’d walked out of a shop having given them 4% less than the price ticketed stated

Remember that when you pay by credit card at a shop and the credit card handler gets their percentage of the transaction, thus depriving the shop of it’s full ticket price for the item you just bought….

dooosuk
    Free Member

breatheeasy – Member

Remember that when you pay by credit card at a shop and the credit card handler gets their percentage of the transaction, thus depriving the shop of it’s full ticket price for the item you just bought….

Yes, but in your example the shop are accepting that this is the case.

In the case of the transaction which is being discussed here, the OP (squiff) paid via a method not acccepted by the seller (matchstick) and then failed to reply to any communication.

Netdonkey

Cougar

… unless you’re buying concert tickets.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

If you don’t like the way some people deal, don’t deal with them.

Simples, nobodys forcing anyone

nicko74

but if you don’t know the person and have been burned in the past (financially, not actually) you might be reluctant to just hand over the cash.

I dunno, if you’ve actually been burned in the past you might be more reluctant to hand over the cash too…

FWIW (about 4%, I reckon), I’m with the muppet on this. If I don’t know the person, the sad fact is that the classifieds aren’t the hotbed of reliable sellers that they used to be; and paying for something as a ‘gift’ gives you no recourse through Paypal should anything go wrong.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Burn him? I think we should avoid any witch hunts Mr Witch finder General.
    I remember when you could get a pint for £1.60.
    Ah, the warm glow of drunken nostalgia

bigyinn
    Free Member

The thing is, the seller is now down an amount of money because the buyer didn’t do as he asked. I realise that its only pennies, but the principle remains.
    The seller sent the item off in good faith, but didn’t actually get the price agreed for it as a result.

Poor show!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

If people really don’t want to pay by paypal gift is it really that difficult for them to add on the fee to ensure the seller gets the agreed money?

Come on its basic maths.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSYadh2xmcI[/video]

collinstiffee
    Free Member

That much has been established. perhaps I’m operating on a different level whereby I would treat others as I would wish to be treated, but sometimes people don’t think. To be honest it’s such a small amount of money the hassle from doing it wouldn’t be worth it.
    Possibly everyone is now a lot more aware of the pros and cons of the gift option and the (defensible) reasons for not using it. However, some kind of dialogue between the two parties would have helped. I guess it’s gone beyond that now though. :\

donsimon
    Free Member

I think there is the questionof the seller building in the Paypal cost into the sale price and offer discount if the buyer is stupid enough to take the risk with gift.
    And the seller needs to improve his/her customer relation skills. 😉

tinribz
    Free Member

These sellers should try insisting buyers send cash in the post, and then see how much business they get.

bigyinn
    Free Member

What was the seller supposed to do? Given the item was already posted and the buyer wasn’t replying to him?
    If the buyer had thought about it im sure they could have added on a bit so the seller got the full amount!

squiff
    Free Member

If it makes matchstick happy I will paypal GIFT him the £1.60. Like I said before paypal did’t say that neither of us would be charged, thats why I just payed the £40.

Will I lose my MUPPET tag now?

matchstick
    Free Member

squiff, that would be great if you did, you have my Paypal addy.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Aaah, big hug!

And the moral of the story? Paypal makes everyone want to punch kittens.

sc-xc

I would be ashamed to ask for £1.60

Blimey.

matchstick
    Free Member

bigyinn, not so fast chap, the buyer havent paid yet and still waiting, so it’s early days.

squiff, I apologise calling you a ‘muppet’

sc-xc, not ashamed at all, it’s matter of principle, the buyer didnt follow my instruction on my for sale page and I send the item off in good faith, he now have got it, so back off please.

donsimon
    Free Member

I would be ashamed to ask for £1.60

Blimey.
    +1

scaredypants

meh, I’d be similarly ashamed if I’d done someone else on here out of £1.60 😐

duckman

Aye and all those £1.60’s soon eat into the profit of Matchsticks Used Bike Parts Emporium don’t they?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hardly the point how much it is really, but don’t let that get in the way of a good snide comment eh chaps.

squiff
    Free Member

Matchstick

I have sent you the £1.60 as paypal GIFT 😀

The matter is now closed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Apparently I'am a MUPPET’ is closed to new replies.