Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • App to send an text message at the same time everyday. Is it possible?
  • fatalbert
    Free Member

I have to,as part of my job touch base with an outside agency each and every weekday between 1600-1700hrs. This can be either a phone call or txt message.
    I keep forgetting and sometimes my text message gets to the recipient after 1700hrs
    I send the exact same message every day.
    Is they a way I can set my iphone to send the required text message everyday without my input?

aracer
    Free Member

Does it have to be from your iPhone? There are certainly ways to send SMS messages automatically online e.g. http://www.textanywhere.net/sms-services/default.aspx?gclid=COGhq7HTy7wCFSccwwoddV8ACg (no recommendation, simply the first hit on google) – I’m sure somebody will provide a fully automated service, or if not it’s fairly trivial to automatically post data to a website on a schedule.

edit: also possible via gmail which I’d trust more than any other free service http://www.google.co.uk/mobile/sms/mail/ – I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t possible to automate that via an API. (original link left in as it might be useful).

wwaswas

not trying to be funny but doesn’t an automated message rather lose the whole point of making you do something everyday so you don;t forget/are still alive/etc?

MSP
    Drac

Set a reminder on your smartphone calendar.

alaric

I use an SMS app on my Android called Handcent which certainly permits this. Don’t know if it’s available for iOS – worth a look.

I don’t use the repeat feature (but it is there) but I do use the scheduled message feature as you can set up a message as soon as you think of it but set it to arrive when the other person needs to see it!

Cougar

If I had to send the same message to the same person every day, I’d be ringing that person and explaining that if I wanted to do daily mindless, menial, repetitive tasks I’d sign up to a mountain biking forum.

Er, I mean, I’d be telling them it’s pointless and I wouldn’t be doing it any more.

footflaps

I’d be telling them it’s pointless and I wouldn’t be doing it any more.

Most processes in large organisations are completely pointless, its what makes them so efficient 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Bitesms if you jailbreak

fatalbert
    Free Member

I’ve finally found an app called Future Text, I will give it a try.

I know it sounds odd, having to send a pointless text to the same person daily, but if I fall foul of this (not texting between 16:00-17:00) then I could have a days wage deducted.
    This text is just to remind an agency they can task me.
    However if Iam already tasked then this text does not need to be sent.

I have been paid a weeks wage for sending 5 text messages this week. In other words I have been paid to do nothing 😉 apart from watch the Olympics. As if nobody tasks me, then I get paid regardless.

bruneep

So you have 1 task to do to get paid and you can’t even remember to do that…

feed

He’s not named fat Albert for nothing !

muggomagic

See I thought he was some kind of contract killer. Hence the daily tasking, and his user name therefore is fatal Bert.

I’d say the setting the reminder in your calendar is the best idea. What if your phone isn’t in an area of reception when the message is tasked to send or it fails for some other reason? You wouldn’t realise and then some other hitman gets the job of taking out one of fat Tony’s rivals.

geoffj

muggomagic – Member
    See I thought he was some kind of contract killer. Hence the daily tasking, and his user name therefore is fatal Bert.

😆

sockpuppet

Muggomagic: you just have to be a cryptic crossword regular, with a spot like that.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I like this thread 🙂

takisawa2

I would have thought the possibility of getting paid for nowt would be incentive enough.

Are you a Minister for the Environment ?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘App to send an text message at the same time everyday. Is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.