Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Apologies to the Army
  • theotherjonv

for setting off your cunningly constructed tripwires tonight 😳

Still, if you will dig in and lay boobytraps across the best singletrack on the area, what do you expect.

backhander
    Free Member

brilliant.
    "honestly I swear it was a f***ing bloke on a bike sarn't"
    "on the flank, son"

hh45
    Free Member

where?, photos?.

sounds hilarious, tell all.

taka
    Free Member

lolz :mrgreen:

theotherjonv

there were tonnes of Officer Training Corps people all over Tunnel Hill tonight – was planning on doing a loop but in the end we went semi-directly over there and up to the fenceline instead.

They all seemed to be out and about practising various techniques, such as 'dash down crawl' and so on rather than engaged in proper war games so when we encountered a dug in defensive position slap bang in the middle of one of the new singletrack bits I didn't think much of it, especially as there was no-one there – just rucksacks dumped in their shell scrapes.

Until I snagged a trip wire at about knee height which set off a cap attached to a tree.

Not as spectacular as some I've heard of on there, including flares and all sorts but fun nonetheless.

If anyone wants to buy a folding shovel, I could have nicked about half a dozen……

thepurist

I got one of those tripwires wrapped round my rear wheel the other week, just at the top of a steep downhill. The cap had already gone off so it was just laying loose across the ground but my tyre picked it up & then it wrapped round brakes, mech, hub, the works – fortunately just as I was starting as at any speed i reckon it would have done major damage. Bleedin pongos – what right have they got to practice on their own land!

pantsonfire
    Free Member

It might have been a case of "How many MTBers can we scare the shot out of tonight lads"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Apologies to the Army’ is closed to new replies.