Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Apologies in advance – Fox vs RS
  • slowboydickie

I have been on RS for a couple of years and perfectly happy, mainly because they ride well, have caused no problems and because of the daft price of fox. I have the option for a Fox Factory 100mm Float with all bells and whistle at £500, roughly the same price as the the 2014 SID in diffusion black.

At the same price I am wondering if there any views that Fox is better? Something about the onerous maintenance of the Kashima coated fox puts me off.

raisinhat
    Free Member

General consensus is that 2014 RS is better than the Fox stuff, especially the CTD ones. Although I’m not sure how much difference there is between them for short travel forks. If they’re the same price though, I’d get the rockshox – they should be at least as good, and require less maintenance. Win win.

b45her
    Free Member

fox make better rear shocks, rockshox make FAR better forks.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chestrockwell

I much prefer the ride of Fox and would have them over Rock Shox every time. Saying that, the stantion wear problem is a massive pita but I don’t know how the newer versions stand up.

coogan
    Free Member

Wouldn’t touch Fox forks, they may be great but heard too many ‘they are very fragile’ stories for me. In fact my fav forks were my old Vanilla 130’s, but they kept pishing oil every 5-6 months. I’m a RoskShox man personally. But my Fox rear shocks have been ace.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Apologies in advance – Fox vs RS’ is closed to new replies.