Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • (apologies) How long is Llandegla Black + Options?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hi,
    Trying to work out if the kids will be up to Dragons Back minus PointlessFireRoadOfPointlessness this week at CyB. We’ve not done much this year so far apart from Cannock and ‘degla and I can’t find any info on how long Llandegla Black + options actually is.

The bumph I saw suggests red is 19km and black 21, but I’m assuming that does’t include the B line and JJ’s… or does it.

Anyone got a definitive answer?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Oh, and even better, does anyone know how much you save by missing out the aforementioned PFROP at Coed y Brenin? Looks like about 5-6km on the map, but hard to say.

cheers

thegeneralist
    Free Member

oh and if someone could come to the carpark and put all the wheels on our bikes then that would be appreciated as well. 🙄

Cos I’m a useless fecker who can’t work anything out for himself.

Not actually true, would just like to know the definitive answer.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Llandegla was my local trail centre. Never measured the black, but 21k sounds about right. You ride the red route and add sections of the black to your ride. Nothing is too gnarly and can be done at an easy pace. Add in the blue and a few brews at the café and you have a nice afternoon out.
    For a full day might I suggest Nercwys Forest in the morning followed by ‘ degla in the afternoon with lunch at the café. Mold/Nercwys is about 15 minutes in the car to ‘degla

Graianrhyd and Nercwys Forest

martinhutch

Oh, and even better, does anyone know how much you save by missing out the aforementioned PFROP at Coed y Brenin? Looks like about 5-6km on the map, but hard to say.

Probably. Strava has Beast (which includes) at 23 miles. Last time I did it (missing out the loop), it came in at 18.5 miles. Don’t recall missing anything else out.

I seem to remember that even with the loop, the quoted totals for CYB seemed a bit on the high side.

They won’t like the SteepRoadofDoom if you do miss out the loop, though. 😀

thesquaredog
    Free Member

According to Strava Llandegla Black including JJs and B Line is 21.5 Km.

DJTC
    Free Member

sorry to hijack the post but does anyone know how the conditions at degla are. aka how wet is it. looking to ride in the next day or two.

thesquaredog
    Free Member

Today – wet!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Well that was rather splendid weekend. We did the MBR on Saturday and the Dragons Ba’ on Sunday.
    As expected the gnarly bit (Cain) just after the diagonal uphill on MBR was a bit fruity for them but they enjoyed the rest.
    Sunday we did the Dragons back minus the PointlessFireRoadOfPointlessness which was an excellent day out. There was brief discussion about doing the fireroad section, but they weren’t keen.

They won’t like the SteepRoadofDoom if you do miss out the loop, though.

Yep, that bit is quite steep insn’t it. Me and the 9yo managed it in a oner with the tow rope and the 11yo managed it ok with a lot of effort.

Towed the young’un up most of the big fireroad climbs and gave the older one a bit of help on the climb before Beefy, but it was still a good effort on their part.

And had a lovely cold swim in the river Mawdach on the way back

excellent, thanks for the info on the shortcut and distances.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘(apologies) How long is Llandegla Black + Options?’ is closed to new replies.