Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Apocalypto
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Peoples thoughts please. Tah

Keva
    Free Member

I liked it.

westkipper
    Free Member

I have to admit I haven't seen it but..
    Bearing in mind its by Mel Gibson I suppose its about how Mayan society was destroyed by The Jews/ The English/ Gay people, with lots of torture sequences?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Gay. In denial.

TheSwede
    Free Member

west kipper
    Mayan society was destroyed by Gay people

😆

westkipper
    Free Member

Again, My knowledge of the artistic work of Mr Gibson is limited to what I learnt from South Park.

amaan
    Free Member

Yep OK, good old revenge story, done in loin cloths and spears.

jedi

i liked it

SaxonRider

sucked worse than any other movie ever made.

jon1973
    Free Member

Good film. But Mel Gibson is still a t**t.

Pigface
    Free Member

Went to see it in Finland, didnt know it was in Mayan with subtitles didn't understand a word 😯 3 of us at the end just sat there laughing.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

worth the watch

TheSwede
    Free Member

Great. That's the office row sorted then. It went like this. Apocalypto is good. No it's not, it's crap. Your a mong who likes WWF. WWF is real and they would kick your ass. You would like to do some thing to their asses. It's got subtitles. You can't read and drive a purple fiesta and so on.

westkipper
    Free Member

I'd watch it if it was on, so that I could get a proper opinion, but the thought of my watching it would in any way financially enrich an (allegedly)anti-semitic, fundamentalist, son of a racist, australo-american dwarf has prevented me from offering my critical review so far.

allthepies
    Free Member

TheSwede – do you work for the Cabinet Office ?

House
    Free Member

Random aside from a dyslexic – any of you read Apocolypso by Robert Rankin? – Mad and very funny 😀

TheSwede
    Free Member

sadexpunk

excellent film!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I thoroughly enjoyed it – many of the films loved here are made by tossers – some bigger than MG, some smaller, but tossers nonetheless.

And it was only the very end of the film that we saw the image of the ships arriving – Roman Catholic Conquistadores one assumes.

kimbers

hhhmm was ok good to see some south american history in a movie and in the native tongue but was quite hollywood in the end

i asked my guide in peru what she thought of it (native quetchan(sp?)- descendent of the incas and archaeology graduate) she said it was very innacurate and was culturaly way off the mark for the mayans

so kind of like braveheart then!

nicko74

Not a bad film, but Mel Gibson has issues. It's overly gory in places, as is his version of the Jebus story. He's a bit mad for torture scenes, really

TheSwede
    Free Member

I've watched it three time now and I would never in a million years guessed that Gibson had anything to do with it to be honest. Randomly, I have a mate who looks just like the grumpy one.

retro83
    Free Member

visually interesting but somewhat lacking in the story department. Worth a watch I suppose.

SaxonRider

Not a bad film, but Mel Gibson has issues. It's overly gory in places, as is his version of the Jebus story. He's a bit mad for torture scenes, really

Which is precisely why i disliked it so much. Mel just has to be a bit mental. There is simply no call for that much gore.

Turnoisier
    Free Member

Shocking. But not nearly Mel's worst film. If he ever makes anything more awful than the Passion of the Christ, I'll be genuinely surprised.

CheesybeanZ

good film , seen it twice

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member

This is not possible due to the fact the "The Core" was made. Which is actually the worst film ever made.

The writers of the core should perish by some ironic geological death.

Apocalypto – nothing special and from what i gather pretty inaccurate historically.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Thanks for the feed back folks all though some of you are very wrong and it is a good film and thats that and this the end of this thread. Now what do you all think of The man without a face, rigid fixies and olives I say crap on all accounts.

johnners
    Free Member

I liked Apocalypto, it's pretty much a 90 minute chase sequence. I'm not sure historical accuracy was even attempted.

SaxonRider – Member

This is not possible due to the fact the "The Core" was made. Which is actually the worst film ever made.

Clearly neither of you has had to sit through "The Holiday" or "Love Actually".

@ TheSwede – awful, idiotic, lovely (but not the tasteless stoned ones in brine).

nicko74

Love Actually was not that bad, actually. Kiera 'I can do a great impression of a lump of wood y'know' Knightley is quite hot in it, for starters.

Jerome
    Free Member

Cool movie.
    Like going on holiday..

walla24
    Free Member

worth a watch, good cinematography…worst stuffed 'panther' fight ever though

duckman

The panther was stuffed?

bassspine
    Free Member

House: I've read Apocalypso. It's at least as good as The Davinci Code 🙂
    (but then I'm a big Rankin fan)

And the worst film ever made is Thomas The Tank Engine & The Magic Railroad.

Keva
    Free Member

I thought it was about the Aztecs not the Mayans, or am I wrong ?

plumber
    Free Member

I liked it very much and I like passion of the Christ too

Shoot me

walla24
    Free Member

yeah seriously i think it was stuffed/soft toy like!

watch the scene again, the legs don't bend or anything when it jumps on him 😀

rest of the film was well done though

westkipper
    Free Member

I think that sometimes, walla24, that filmmakers make these scenes a bit artificial on purpose, so the audience (and animal right groups) know that no animal was actually hurt)
    Watch the beginning of Pale Rider, and the scene with the dead dog for another classic soft toy effect.

walla24
    Free Member

yeah fair point, its not a negative, just something which made me chuckle 🙂
    also when bravheart jumps his horse into a moat 😆

kimbers

definately the mayans
    apparently the spanish arrived 300 years after the fall of the mayan civilization – would have been correct for the aztecs or the incas though

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Apocalypto’ is closed to new replies.