Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anywhere you can still buy a nexus 5?
  • sam_underhill

Other than ebay?

Trusty Nexus 4 had an incident with a hard floor this morning. I was hoping to wait until the next round of nexus releases in the autumn, but I need something to get me through until then.

the latest Moto G 4g is probably nearly as good, but the low amount of RAM worries me slightly.

mactheknife

I have a Moto G sam, its a tidy phone and if you are using a Micro SD card and have the apps installed on it then there appears to be no issues with RAM usage.

The single downer i have found with it is the camera, compared to other phones and especially the Nexus 5 which my wife has it is very poor in low light.

Apart from that its an ace phone.

edhornby

cash converters/Generators or CEX if you can stand 2nd hand but want to go to a shop…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A brief look on aliexpress and there are plenty available new. Like ebay only use trusted and rated sellers.

sam_underhill

Cheers. I guess at least this will keep me distracted today 😉

chrissyboy
    Free Member

I ended up getting a Moto G 4G after Mrs Chrissyboy dunked her Nexus 5 in the bath and I gave her my Nexus 4. Haven’t really had any issues going from one to the other. Stuck a 32GB SD card in it and I can’t really tell the difference to the 4.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Thing with the Moto G is that it is slow. Nasty apps that stick in memory kill it.

Also, despite the SD card, when you update apps, it moves them back to the phone, and the next thing all your updates start failing. So you are constantly having to manage that, and trim your installed apps to a minimum.

Not bad, but I much preferred my Nexus 4.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Think the 4G’s a little different – never had the SD problem…..

sam_underhill

2nd Gen Moto G 4g currently charging on my desk. Google Remote wipe working a treat as the old phone still connected to the network and showed the screen, just couldn’t respond to touch.

hora
    Free Member

I got mine from Expansys for more nexus5 although if you need to communicate with them its like someone in Bulgaria is using freetranslation off of google to read and reply to your emails.

cp

Thing with the Moto G is that it is slow. Nasty apps that stick in memory kill it.

never had this – both me and the missus have gen 1 moto g’s.

Stoner
    Free Member

there was one in the classifieds the other day

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere you can still buy a nexus 5?’ is closed to new replies.