Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • anywhere worth riding near inverness this weekend ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

girlfriend reports anything slightly above 1 m above sea level is pretty snowy and puffer course under 18 inches

Whats learnie like ? Black isle under snow too ?

road rides on mtb our onlly option ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

everyone skiing ?

epicyclo

Puffer/Contin area no fun on a bike.

I was out yesterday, poking around looking for interesting stuff, what with all the snow etc. A lot of it is unrideable, hike a bike stuff. Loads of virgin snow the deeper into the hills you go.

Took about 6 and 1/2 hours to do what I usually allow 2 hours for (deduct 1/2 hour for repercussions of big crash – still sore 🙁 ). Better to just take walking boots and a good camera – I got some great pics with all the lovely blue skies and sunshine.

Definitely nice to be out and about in it. I met a cross country skier, and he was having fun.

trail_rat
    Free Member

forgot to mention i got my girlfriend a new bike and this will be the first time shes seen it – i suspect we will be out on it somewhere. even if it is just road !

Gordymac
    Free Member

Hi Terry

Myself and Ewan have been trying in the past week and all the off road in this area is still under a fair depth of snow. I was out on the road bike on tuesday and the roads are nice and dry which will probably make that your best bet for the coming weekend.

Gordymac

sweepy
    Free Member

I went past laggan yesterday. still under snow. Cruicially tho I passed it on my way to nevis range,snowboarding. We're having the best winter ever up here, sod the bike, get out on the snow on something designed for it while it lasts, Bike when it melts.

epicyclo

You could ride the fire road from Contin car park up to the top of the zigzags (where the technicals stuff starts), but a long climb like that may not be a good idea for your girlfriend. Although the view at the top makes it worthwhile.

devs
    Free Member

Our local woods in Elgin are mostly snow free now. Certainly rideable. Just been round Monaughty and had to get off on a few patches of deep snow. Dunno about Fochabers but I would imagine that most of it is ok now. I will probably recce it on Sunday for a ride this week.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Haha epicyclo you aint met my missus ……

epicyclo

Nah, I just meant it isn't much fun, not that she couldn't do it. She must be fast, she caught you, didn't she? 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘anywhere worth riding near inverness this weekend ?’ is closed to new replies.