Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anywhere within an hour of Nottingham that isn't as total mud-fest right now?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

As above really. White Peak is boggy as is Sherwood Pines. Dark Peak drains better but is out of range given today's tight window. (I don't like to spend more time driving than I do riding and we've only got about 3 hours ride time today if we spend a total of two traveling).

Any ideas?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cannock??

We were at Woburn yesterday (OK slightly further) and I was surprised at how nice the trails were – a bit squirmy under pressure in places but generally great riding.

alexpalacefan

Let us know how you got on eh?

A

slowrider
    Free Member

jacobs ladder loop? a few muddy bits but you can put together a 2-3 raz with minimal squelch. more than hour but only just, def worth it too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

We went to Cannock. Not been there in years. Took a bit of time finding it but not a bad little loop once we were there. A little sticky in places but over all, pretty rideable. Would have done a second lap but we found a slow puncture on the acr which changed the days priorities.

Did anyone venture to the Peaks? How was it?

adey205
    Free Member

managed a relatively mud free ride out of pines today. 30 miler

bonj
    Free Member

I don't like to spend more time driving than I do riding

I'd like to moonwalk son but life's a shithouse 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

bonj, that's true and sometimes aims and wishes only exist so we can enjoy a true sense of disappointment!

vdubber67
    Free Member

Onzadog – you tried riding around Whitwick way? Within 1/2 an hour of Nottingham. Not too muddy today…

Onzadog
    Free Member

No, I'm not familiar with Whitwick. Might have to take a closer look.

vdubber67
    Free Member

It's a strange little place to ride. Some big-ish hills, granite outcrops, wooded singletrack with rocks etc (which is weird given that it's between the flatlands of Nottingham and Leicestershire…)

The riding is quite 'compact' in area and some of it's cheeky, but you can do a good 2 hours, and stretch out to 3 going a bit further afield.

rtedgeAThotmailDOTcom if you're interested 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere within an hour of Nottingham that isn't as total mud-fest right now?’ is closed to new replies.