Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anywhere to ride in or near hull?
  • greedhill95
    Free Member

Recently moved to hull and looking for somewhere to ride. Any ideas???

adds

you can try the wolds to the North of Hull around Huggate, Wetwang area. Some long climbs and steep descents. Quite smooth but better than nothing, I go up couple times a year with the missus. Other than that Dalby not to far away. Im in Howden (Junction 37 on 62) and have just flat bridleways which are okay for a local 10-20 mile loop just to get out.

sadexpunk

theres some good riding south of the bridge, just below caistor in the wolds?

jimbobo
    Free Member

Just head west, its the best option.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

OMG why move to Hull????

jimbobo
    Free Member

But in all seriousness, go north as well. some nice coastal trails, access to the moors and all the glory encompassed therein. Unfortunately you are surrounded by flatness. Maybe time to work on your time trial PB?

greedhill95
    Free Member

I’ve been to Dalby too many times because I use to live near it. It’s too flat around here, I prefer Scottish Borders because they have to best trails I’ve riden and also me beginning a young lad prefers downhill to flat trail riding but thanks for the advice lads, much appreciated.

flyingmonkeycorps

There’s not much locally to be honest. You can string a loop together round Welton way but there’s nothing to write home about. There’s a jump line up by the quarry in South Cave and there used to be some bits in the Scout Wood opposite the cement works outside Melton. Really though for anything decent you’re looking at a drive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere to ride in or near hull?’ is closed to new replies.