Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anywhere to ride in or close to Hastings?
  • Tom83

Moving from tunny wells down to Hastings later this week, so was wondering if anyone knows of any trails etc?

Cheers!

osteo1
    Free Member

Dunno but if you get any decent answers could you give me a heads up!

Tom83

Will do! I’m going to have a bit of an explore over the next few weeks, so hopefully will find something.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Bedgebury and friston.

If you find something else closer let me know too. I live 5 miles from Hastings.

Tom83

Yeah Bedgers is my local at the moment (6miles ride from my house via bewl).

Whats Friston like?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Only rode there a few times. Fun but can be damp

pastcaring
    Free Member

Yes, lots of great woodland single track.
    I’ll give you some direction tonight when I have more time…

Tom83

Cheers!

osteo1
    Free Member

‘pastcaring’ Did you give any info out there?! I am in Robertsbridge so close to this lovely woodland singletrack that you mention… would really appreciate a heads up too!

rewski
    Free Member

Friston is pretty good, some decent natural XC, some decent climbs and downhill section, it’s right on the South Downs Way too, which has some great riding. Also worth a look is Abbots Wood near Polegate, pretty flat but some decent natural trails. Stanmer Park nr Brighton?

pastcaring
    Free Member

@ osteo1

i’ve just sent tom an email. (rambling)

i don’t come here much anymore, but here’s what i sent to tom..

i’ve only lived here for eighteen month but have found enough to keep me interested. i’d be happy to show you a few local loops, but if your fit you may wanna ride on your own.
    i’ve just started a new job , so the bike has taken a back seat for six weeks…

the great wood next to battle has a good loop that runs around the outside edge of the wood. this can be extended by using petley wood (whatlington) to crowhurst/burnthouse wood then on to ashes wood. a little further out you have darwell wood or lordship wood. a little further still, beckley wood looks good on the map but i’ve not made it there yet. there’s also some good bits in faggs wood at ham street. i’ve just been told there’s some bits around bexhill, trying to get the exact location…

hasting and the surrounding area is mostly clay, in winter (or this summer) try to stay away from the lower lying trails as they end up being un-passable due to the very sticky clay.

all this would be a lot easier to show you on a map ( os 124) so if you wanna meet up for a pint i’d be happy to share my limited local knowledge.

same applies, if you wanna meet for a pint i’d be happy to show you on a map.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere to ride in or close to Hastings?’ is closed to new replies.