Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anywhere to Park in New Mills or Hayfield to start a Dark Peaks ride?
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

Is there any free carparks to Park in New Mills or Hayfield to start a Dark Peaks ride on a Sunday?

I know about the Sett Valley Trail visitors centre but I think it costs £4 to park ??

Garry_Lager

There’s a small carparking space in Birch vale at the foot of the road that goes round the Churn, below the quarry. You can also park on the road (from New Mills) once you’re into Hayfield.

AlexSimon

The road just outside the entrance to the Sett Valley Trail cp usually has a couple of spaces (A6015).
    Otherwise, there are roads that intersect the SVT with plenty of space. Spinnerbottom for example

grannyjone
    Free Member

I’m after quite a large carpark because there’s a group of 2 – 3 coming and want to avoid being near a road (unless its a very quiet road)

AlexSimon

Kinder Rd in Hayfield too

grannyjone – Member

I’m after quite a large carpark because there’s a group of 2 – 3 coming and want to avoid being near a road (unless its a very quiet road) Pay your £4 then 🙂

proutster
    Free Member

We always park outside The Sportsman pub on Kinder Road in Hayfield – then there’s absolutely no reason not to finish the ride with a pint or two 8)

BadlyWiredDog

The place most people park in Hayfield is on Kinder Road down towards the quarry car park and past the Sportsman. The carpark itself is a pay one, but everyone parks along the road. Or you can usually park near the Sportsman pub. Edit: it’s a pretty quiet road as it doesn’t really go anywhere.

There are a fair few places where you could park gratis in New Mills on the street. Church Lane maybe, which the SVT crosses. There are also a few paid for car parks, a quick google says that over four hours is £2.20.

dmck16
    Free Member

Kinder Road would be 1st choice.

Just make sure there’s some room left along at the post box – the collection van has to stop and turn around 😉 (edit: admittedly not on a Sunday…)

Bunnyhop

The leisure centre carpark is free (where the Sett Valley trail starts). Maybe 1 vehical could park there and the others on the road just around the corner, in New Mills.

MadBillMcMad

+1 for the sportsman.

Great beer and food as a bonus.

There is loads of free parking there as long as you don’t arrive late on a weekend.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

New Mills Football Club has some space provided it is not a match day shouldn’t be a problem. Off the road too.

slowoldman

Kinder Road is normal but should you need it you can also park at the top end of Highgate Road (that’s the yellow to the East of the Chinley Head road) near a bridleway that joins the Pennine Bridleway near Mount Famine. Depends if that fits in with your route of choice though.

dave_h
    Free Member

£4 for a full days entertainment sounds like good value to me. Why make life difficult for the people who live there? Would you want it outside your house?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere to Park in New Mills or Hayfield to start a Dark Peaks ride?’ is closed to new replies.