Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anywhere to buy Sram 1175 cassette?
  • dingleberry
    Free Member

1150 – All steel GX cassette
    1175 – Also a GX cassette, but with an alu 42t, so a bit lighter.

Can find the 1150 no problem, but 1175 doesn’t seem to be available anywhere…

Anyone happen to know where I can get one?

benpinnick

…. on a complete bike, its OE only.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Ah, that explains it! Thanks for the info – Cheap (relatively) and heavy it is!

oceandweller

Yep SRAM website says it’s OEM only. However, try http://www.gambacicli.com/en/sram-gx-xg-1175-11-speed-cassette.html. They’re offering the 1175 for 123 euros + shipping, which is just slightly more than CRC is charging for the (70g heavier) 1150.
    You might be better off with the 1150 anyway as the steel big cog should be a lot tougher. The alloy 42t One-Up big cog on my MTB is showing distinct signs of wear after about 18 months moderate use. MTBs are tough on low gears I guess.
    I have a crosser that’s currently 1×10 & I’m planning to put GX on it. A CX bike doesn’t spend nearly as much time in low gears as an MTB so I figure an alloy 42t cog should be OK, but if I upgrade the MTB I’d probably go for the 1150, as robustness is more important than weight on an MTB.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Found that site, but the 123 euros is before VAT – works out around £120 including postage. Managed to get the 1150 for £80 anyway (even less after cashback!), so am happy with that! 🙂 Thanks though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere to buy Sram 1175 cassette?’ is closed to new replies.