Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anywhere near London rideable at the moment?
  • captaindanger

thanks

mashiehood
    Free Member

yeah, all the roads are clear, off road in the surrey hills is not too bad either if you dont mind getting muddy!

kimbers

How’s chickdands doing ?

19ninety
    Free Member

Of course…

captaindanger

GOT TO MAKE ME ONE OF THOSE….

warns74
    Free Member

Apologies if I come across as a grumpy old f*rt, (I dont mean to) but I dont get these ‘where to ride’ threads at the moment?

It’s winter, there’s been so much rain I would imagine “Noah” will soon become the No.1 baby boys name for 2014, everywhere is saturated and muddy! Pick somewhere and go expecting to get very wet and very muddy!

Ive ridden the Surrey Hills every week and had a few trips to Swinley, guess what, they’re all incredibly wet and muddy!

No offence like….!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Apologies if I come across as a grumpy old fart, (I dont mean to) but I dont get these ‘where to ride’ threads at the moment?

It’s winter, there’s been so much rain I would imagine “Noah” will soon become the No.1 baby boys name for 2014, everywhere is saturated and muddy! Pick somewhere and go expecting to get very wet and very muddy!

I totally get these ‘where to ride’ threads. I think everyone is prepared to get wet and muddy, no issue there. But, for example, I live just north of London and the clay that makes up most of this area is horendous to the point of actually stopping your wheels from turning. Just because it’s wet and muddy and rideable where you are, it doesn’t mean it’s wet and muddy and rideable where other people are. 🙂

kimbers

its also a question of sustainable riding

swinley forest is now closed to bikes for the next 2 weeks (at least) due to trail damage!

warns74
    Free Member

CBMotorsport

My post was not meant to be taken too seriously and you do have a point but it also raises another point that some context would be good. For instance London is a big place, where are you, what is your idea of “near”, how far are you prepared to travel, what sort of riding etc.

warns74
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

its also a question of sustainable riding

swinley forest is now closed to bikes for the next 2 weeks (at least) due to trail damage!

Just the blue route I read?

Trimix
    Free Member

You will have to do some ‘Urban’ mountain biking.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere near London rideable at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.