Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anywhere got pugsley's in stock?
  • motorman
    Free Member

Looking for complete bike 18″ or 20″

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried the Bike Chain, Edinburgh?

motorman
    Free Member

they only have a 16″ in stock, pity

cynic-al
    Free Member

Speak to them long enough and they’ll convince you it’s perfectly sized, Sir!

motorman
    Free Member

With a large enough discount it might 😆

rootes1

try Brixton cycles.

had one hanging off the ceiling recently

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Alf Jones in Wrexham.

motorman
    Free Member

waiting for a mail back from them.
    Most the ones online are not due in till late july, which isn’t long to wait anyway.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i know its not a pug but im gonna post it anyway 😉

bruneep

You posting that to me Terry? 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Those 100mm rims TR? What pressure you running?

I am thinking of tubeless but I wonder how low one can go (running 80/50mm rims).

trail_rat
    Free Member

they are 100mm rims … had them down to 6 psi ….

rode them at about 12 at 10 under the ben

once you pump them up to 30psi they are no draggier than a standard MTB – but not as much cope in the mud or the downhills.

I want to build a lighter set of wheels on flat tops or surly rollin daryls. I also want to put gears on it 1/9 with a 28 at the front (currently 34:22 and rode all but the final kick on the climb off puggy line at 10 under) – bike as you see it there is about 34lbs (bruneeps face was a picture when he picked it up) shaggy has one that he has at 27lbs … given my wheel set alone weighs 12 lbs – most of which is in the rims ! – its plausable

then it will be fine for touring anywhere id take a standard mtb with the bonus of being able to **** off onto the soft stuff … think the other edinburgh AL is thinking along the same lines.

cynic-al
    Free Member

al kelly?

My thoughts…I hate the rolling you get at low pressures so tend to run 12+psi, going tubeless would save 500gm a wheel, would make it OK to use 50mm rims @ 800gm which couold be drilled to 600gm.

Then you’re only (200 + 600)gm over a lightish xc-wheel set up.

Hoping to create a FS fat bike but the frame is 8lb 🙁 will be a PITA after the 9zero7.

trail_rat
    Free Member

wont it be prone to burping at low PSI- surly tires are slacker than a slack thing in slack town …. like shaking a sausage in an alley if you will !

cynic-al
    Free Member

Indeed, but I’d like to try it, not really looked into it but am aware there’s alot of chat on mtbr.

epicyclo has some cool ideas too.

motorman
    Free Member

Brixton not got any either.
    See what turns up from Alf Jones……

singlespeedstu

Nothing to add to this really but if TR can just post a pic of his fatbike for the sake of it so can i. 😀

hanging around by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

motorman
    Free Member

You can only post pics if your willing to sell them to me ! 😆

motorman
    Free Member

FFS, Really wanting a 20″, but looks like it will be sept before they arrive.
    Possible to build a custom bike for £1350 deliverd??

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Doesn’t Charlie The Bikemonger have one in stock for test rides?

sambob
    Free Member

I think Keep Pedalling in Manchester might do.

motorman
    Free Member

Sent both a mail, thanks for the pointers

I’m just over 6″ with a long torso, on paper i think that the 18″ might be ok as the effective TT is the same as my 18″ blue pig??

Will the 18″ be ok, or should I wait to find a 20″

cynic-al
    Free Member

I looked at one at a leggy 6′ 0.5″ and would not have got a 18″, I don’t like a wee bike though.

You could build one up w/SH (non-fat specific) parts for that I reckon…cranks/bb, rims and tyres are the pricy bits, everything else is std.

I built a 9zero7 up for <£1K (frame cost £300) with only a few bits having come from my cupboard

trail_rat
    Free Member

My sand man wAs < 1k too but i bought frame forms rims and tires second hand but un used !

trail_rat
    Free Member

My sand man wAs < 1k too but i bought frame forms rims and tires second hand but un used !

orena45

Try Zaynan @ Practical Cycles maybe – here

coastkid
    Free Member

If SSS can most his then i may as well… 🙂

down in weight to a xc whippet 35 lbs with mechs back on after drowning the alfine in the sea 😳

Peffersands by coastkid71, on Flickr

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah hub gears aint very water proof when your spinning them 🙁 – static they are ok lol

motorman
    Free Member

Coastkid – you are to blame for this whole situation in the first place, your 9 min edit is what set the whole ball rolling 😈 Awesome!!

I will be riding almost identical conditions to you on the moray coast. After you experiences with the alfine, would you say it was bad luck or just not fit for beach riding?

Enjoyed you dune riding vid last night!

motorman
    Free Member

Slightly OT, seems like this is going to be months to complete whatever happens, so I was thinking of a semi fat option for my blue pig to serve beach duties through the summer.
    Was thinking of 2.4 advantage or rear & 3″ Duro Leopard.
    Will this be ok for general beach riding on firmer sand?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere got pugsley's in stock?’ is closed to new replies.