Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anywhere for bespoke OS maps?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I am looking to do a long road ride in a few weeks time but the areas i want to cover are on 4 different OS Landranger maps. Short of buying all 4 and carring them with me, is there anywhere where i can order or make up a bespoke map that will cover all the areas that i want?

For smaller areas i have printed out bits from multimap and stuck them together but not really wanting to do that for a large area that covers 70miles from south west tip to north east tip of the route.

Is there such a place that provides this service or is it a case of sticking bits of paper together again?

thomthumb
    Free Member

road atlas page? 99p from the works & tear out the page

wors

yes ordnance survey site. 😀

hp_source

OS offer a service called OS select where you can select the centre point of a map, they do it in Explorer and Landranger ranges.

OS Select

that might cut it down to 2 maps I guess.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Very expensive IIRC. You pay a certain amount for every square Km. I looked into getting some and was quoted £130

TomB

The bespoke OS map is only about £15, I've got one on my wall, centred at my house!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Try Here??

simon_g

Tracklogs let you pick a spot and get the mapping around it. For road 1:50k would do fine, 60km square is £12, up to 100km square for £33.

You could then get it printed – if you plot your route on there first then you could just generate a PDF of A4 pages which you could take down to the print shop for colour laser print (in case they get wet). Would probably fit in a jersey pocket better too.

http://www.tracklogs.co.uk

anjs
    Free Member

I have used Aqua maps in the past http://www.aqua3.com/

MrAgreeable

TJ I think you are talking about GPS maps like the Satmap system. As hp_source says, OS Select sounds like what you need.

If you're just riding on the road you could even go to a larger scale. I've used these when touring on the road with no problems.

meeeee
    Free Member

if you let me know the route you are doing i can print off some A4 sheets from Memory map for you covering the relevant bits of your route and you can just take these with you.

I dont have the fancy waterproof paper that you can get though so dont get them wet or fold them up and stick them in a freezer bag in your back pocket or something.

Email me your route and i'll try do it tomorrow.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable – it was definatly OS mapping – it however has changed a few times over the years as to how they price it up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere for bespoke OS maps?’ is closed to new replies.