Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anywhere else in North West like Bolton Hot Wheels – for kids cycling sessions?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Was looking to get the kids to one of the sessions at Bolton Hot Wheels, but we’re told there’s a waiting list, plus the Saturday sessions clash with the kids swimming lessons.

Are there any other similar clubs or cycling lessons for kids (4 to 6 +)??

mick_r

My (slightly older) kids enjoy Ribble Valley Juniors. It is usually a Saturday morning kids & parents ride from 10am on cycle tracks in Preston area rather than an “around the cones” skills session like Hotwheels.

All the local clubs (RVJ, Hotwheels, Red Rose etc) come together for summer Tuesday night training 6-7 pm at Preston Uni Sports arena – I think it goes on until September so you could get a few weeks doing that and a chance to speak to people from all the clubs in one place. They run groups for 3 skill levels so yours would be fine in with the little ones doing cones, slaloms etc.

The Pendle club over at Colne is also very popular – think they just opened a new tarmac road track.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Thanks Mick, we’re off on holiday at the end of this week and then a few other trips away so it might all have to wait till next summer. The youngest will be older and hopefully have a better appreciation for the need to brake 😉

rhbrhb
    Free Member

you could try your local nw bmx clubs

Preston Pirates
    Mid Lancs
    Roch Valley Raiders
    Manchester Bmx
    Bruntwood BMX
    Knowsley BMX
    Cheshire Ghost Riders

loads of options, many bmx kids start at 4yrs old on micro-mini bikes

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Thats a good shout rh! I’ll have a look

wors

Same issue here, took him down to Bolton Tri Club on Monday evening, they have a junior section. He really enjoyed it, they teach them bike skills etc, but then have them playing games and a bit of running too.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Thats a good suggestion Wors!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anywhere else in North West like Bolton Hot Wheels – for kids cycling sessions?’ is closed to new replies.